Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

My Introduction: Here we go again!

My Introduction: Here we go again!

Old Aug 7th 2006, 7:48 am
Computer Nerd

PsiDOC is an unknown quantity at this point
Default My Introduction: Here we go again!

Morning all.
PsiDOC here. Doing the 1st posting thingy and letting you know of my misdemeanors - perhaps this should be the confessional booth? lol
Anyways let's get started.
Me name is Simon. Age: 38 Expertese: Process analysers instrumentation.
I worked Saudi & Libya from 1996 - 2003 then came home as I felt I had done my time and it was time to quieten down a bit.... Until now.
Due to major upheavals at home I'm legging it!
I faxed my CV over to my old boss in Saudi on tuesday and wednesday he came back with a very nice offer. It's so nice to see at least one person appreciates me. lol
The new job entails looking after the import / export of various measuring equpiment and it's serviceing under warranty etc for KSA, Bahrain, Quatar and Dubai and it's actually based at the head offices and not out on site - full staff position.
Not sure how I am going to enjoy flying a desk for 80% of the time though as I have always been a fan of getting my hands dirty in the field. My last 2 contracts abroard were on the service side of things.
Initially starting off in the Bahrain office for a few months (what a hardship!) but then moving over to Khobar in KSA, but with the holy grail of a multiple exit / re-enty visa in my passport. Along with the usual company vehicle (pushing for a landcruiser - dunno if he'll stretch to that, but you have to try don't you?) and of course the usual other stuff that goes with the package.
So yeah... Look out.
I'm coming back!

Regards,

Si
Old Aug 7th 2006, 8:16 am
MJC
Lost in BE Cyberspace

MJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My Introduction: Here we go again!

Originally Posted by PsiDOC
Due to major upheavals at home I'm legging it!
Welcome, you're certainly not the first and definitely wont be the last.

Most here are in Dubai and Doha tho!