Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Musandam - recomendations?

Musandam - recomendations?

Old Sep 18th 2005, 6:51 am
Powered by cows

Autonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Musandam - recomendations?

Hello,

I seem to be starting more and more threads... oops.

Anyways - any hotel recomends. for Musandam? Think of driving out there soon and wondered if there are any particular hotels worth checking in to?

Golden Tulip looks ok, but it's book the weekend I want to head there...

Any one help?

Will distribute karma of course!

Auto.
Old Sep 18th 2005, 1:26 pm
Banned

CasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Musandam - recomendations?

Places of Interest

Nabi Ayoub’s Tomb
Situated 40 kms from Salalah, this mosque and tomb-shrine marks the place where the remains of the Prophet, possibly identified as Job in the Old Testament, can be found.

Ain Razat
The source of several natural springs, Ain Razat is a place of great beauty and a popular spot for picnics.

Ain Homran
Located 22 kms beyond Ain Razat, this scenic location of natural springs is enclosed by a garden. It is also popular as an excellent spot for bird watching.

Shisr – the lost city of Ubar
Excavation is still underway at, what is believed to be, the site of the ‘mythical lost city of Ubar’ of the ‘Arabian Nights’. Make sure to visit the small museum that displays the various archaeological discoveries.

Taqah
From Salalah, follow the coast for 30 kms to arrive at Taqah, the area's third largest town. The town boasts of an interesting fort and several great photographic spots.

Tawi Atayr – Well of Birds
A quiet village overlooking steep hills, Tawi Atayr has the region's largest sinkhole. The presence of numerous singing birds creates a symphony, which is as unique as the place.

Wadi Darbat
A natural park with majestic views of waterfalls, lakes, mountains, caves, wild life and lush green vegetation. Make sure to visit the 100-metre monsoon waterfall.

Khawr Rawri
37kms from Salalah, Khawr Rawri beach is a natural beauty spot for visitors. Many migratory birds including flamingos, waders and gulls frequent this lagoon.

Mirbat
66km east of Salalah, Mirbat, is famous for its picturesque bays and caves and people with unmatched skills in composing and playing music. Mirbat Fort is another attraction for visitors.

Mughsayl
Located 40km west of Salalah, this magnificent sandy beach is outlined by sculptured cliffs and blowholes formed in limestone rocks. The view along the coast where the mountains meet the sea is truely spectacular.

Rakhyut
Through an impressive climb via eight hairpin bends to the crest of mountains, Rakhyut is a spectacular spot to visit. At the top, a thoughtfully built parking place is provided to admire the splendid views.

Sumhurum
Situated beside the Khawr Rawri beach, Sumhurum is a picturesque fresh water creek. It was probably the citadel of the ancient city of Moscha. In its ruins now, the city dates back to 100 BC.
Old Sep 18th 2005, 1:29 pm
Banned

CasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond repute

Ooops! I am telling u about salalah. Always confuse about these two place.
Old Sep 18th 2005, 1:48 pm
Powered by cows

Autonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CasaNova
Ooops! I am telling u about salalah. Always confuse about these two place.
Still lots of useful info there... thanks. I would like to visit Salalah at some point, but it's a bit far to drive from Dubai for a weekend I think...
Old Sep 18th 2005, 2:04 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Autonomy
Still lots of useful info there... thanks. I would like to visit Salalah at some point, but it's a bit far to drive from Dubai for a weekend I think...

From muscat its 8hrs drive, so from Dubai it will be 6+8.

But Salalah is a place to go in summer.
Old Sep 18th 2005, 10:10 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

added the info to the faq's
Old Sep 19th 2005, 5:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Benson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Autonomy
Hello,

I seem to be starting more and more threads... oops.

Anyways - any hotel recomends. for Musandam? Think of driving out there soon and wondered if there are any particular hotels worth checking in to?

Golden Tulip looks ok, but it's book the weekend I want to head there...

Any one help?

Will distribute karma of course!

Auto.
As far as i know the Golden Tulip is the only hotel in Musandam. There are a number of hotels on the East Coast that have access to the musandam from the Indian Ocean side. the Meredian Al Aqa is a very nice hotel. Do you have a 4X4 or saloon? There is a brilliant drive over the mountains from Ras Al Khaima to Dibba. I have done it several times on the way back from the east coast, you might need to put a couple of hours on your trip due to stopping for photo opps and just taking in the sceanery also would advise to do in day light! Will also need passports to get back through UAE check point. Not border crossing just checking you are allowed into the UAE.
Old Sep 19th 2005, 5:44 am