Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Musandam - day trip

Musandam - day trip

Old Oct 15th 2010, 6:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Musandam - day trip

I need to do another visa run and rather than going to Hatta thought I'd make a day of it at Musandam. We also have guests with us.

Rather than go on an organised tour, I like the idea of driving myself to Musandam and then going out on a boat. Is this possible? Are there operators hanging around? Does anyone have any contact details so I can pre-book one?
Old Oct 15th 2010, 7:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really nice
Default Re: Musandam - day trip

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse
I need to do another visa run and rather than going to Hatta thought I'd make a day of it at Musandam. We also have guests with us.

Rather than go on an organised tour, I like the idea of driving myself to Musandam and then going out on a boat. Is this possible? Are there operators hanging around? Does anyone have any contact details so I can pre-book one?
We have gone on the dhow cruises just by turning up. We like Khasab Tours - been with them 4 times- +968 26730464. You have got to be down at the quayside by about 9am, (first entry on right as you come in to Khasab). They have half day tours and also do whole day tours - better value for money and even more relaxing. The half day tours tend to be busier, last October we had a boat all to ourself for the whole day one!
Old Oct 15th 2010, 8:55 pm
hnd
BE Forum Addict

hnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond repute

Are your visitors elegible for a visa on arrival in the UAE? If not they may have problems.

http://www.dubaifaqs.com/visa-multiple-entry-uae.php
Old Oct 16th 2010, 5:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hnd
Are your visitors elegible for a visa on arrival in the UAE? If not they may have problems.

http://www.dubaifaqs.com/visa-multiple-entry-uae.php
Good point. I guess so... UK passport holders. I'll see what's been stamped.
Old Oct 16th 2010, 5:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Bluelionesse
We have gone on the dhow cruises just by turning up. We like Khasab Tours - been with them 4 times- +968 26730464. You have got to be down at the quayside by about 9am, (first entry on right as you come in to Khasab). They have half day tours and also do whole day tours - better value for money and even more relaxing. The half day tours tend to be busier, last October we had a boat all to ourself for the whole day one!
Thank you. One more question... if I have to be there at 9am, what time do I need to leave Dubai? (roughly).

How long is a full day tour? i.e. what time does it get back?
Old Oct 16th 2010, 6:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

its a bit far to do in a day tho.
Old Oct 16th 2010, 9:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Bluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really nice

Thank you. One more question... if I have to be there at 9am, what time do I need to leave Dubai? (roughly).

How long is a full day tour? i.e. what time does it get back?
Don't know how long it takes from Dubai (its a long way from Al Ain though lol!) - if you check the Khasab Tours website it has a Dubai number you can call too - maybe they will have a minibus running that day and it will pick you up from Dubai.

Whole day trip finishes at 4pm. It will be a long day for you but you should all be very rested after your day on the boat!
Old Oct 21st 2010, 10:15 am
Just Joined

themshop is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bluelionesse
Don't know how long it takes from Dubai (its a long way from Al Ain though lol!) - if you check the Khasab Tours website it has a Dubai number you can call too - maybe they will have a minibus running that day and it will pick you up from Dubai.

Whole day trip finishes at 4pm. It will be a long day for you but you should all be very rested after your day on the boat!
how much does it cost? do we need to stay in a hotel?
Old Oct 21st 2010, 11:35 am
BE Enthusiast

CeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of light

Its a long trip just for one day to be honest. You're looking a good few hours to get to the border then the winding coastal road (which is one of the best i've ever driven on a quiet day) could take you another hour to reach Khasab.

Have used these guys previously. http://dolphinkhasabtours.com/