Murooj Complex

Old Dec 17th 2004, 5:51 am
Powered by cows

Autonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Murooj Complex

Hello,

Does anyone know if this as opened yet? Looking for rented apartment and this place sounds great from what I've heard....

Anyone know how to find out about rental accom. there if it is finished? Google not helping much....

Also - any good rental websites?

Cheers all.

Auto.
Old Dec 17th 2004, 6:27 am
Premium Member

Truth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Murooj Complex

Originally Posted by Autonomy
Hello,

Does anyone know if this as opened yet? Looking for rented apartment and this place sounds great from what I've heard....

Anyone know how to find out about rental accom. there if it is finished? Google not helping much....

Also - any good rental websites?

Cheers all.

Auto.
For rental web sites read the FAQs

Marooj opening mid to end Jan 05.....mostly sold out.... a few 2, 3 and 4 beds left but thats it!!!!

If you r interested best get in quick as it takes a week to 10 days to be approved before u can pick a place.

Loads more appartments around though!!

TS
Old Dec 17th 2004, 6:28 am
semarang

novita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Truth Speak

Marooj opening mid to end Jan 05.....mostly sold out.... a few 2, 3 and 4 beds left but thats it!!!!

If you r interested best get in quick as it takes a week to 10 days to be approved before u can pick a place.

TS
Hi TS... so u having a hangover?
Old Dec 17th 2004, 6:36 am
Powered by cows

Autonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Truth Speak

TS
Hey TS,

Unless I'm being dim there is not any listings for rented apartments - hotels and buying yes, but not normal apartment rents....

With Murooj - I guess you're talking about buying... I'm keen to rent... hey ho. I'm working in Emarat Atrium so somewhere out that direction would be good.... Thinking maybe Springs / Greens but the whole traffic in the moring just to get onto the SZR is a worry....

Cheers,

Auto
Old Dec 17th 2004, 7:16 am
Premium Member

Truth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond repute

Hey TS,

Unless I'm being dim there is not any listings for rented apartments - hotels and buying yes, but not normal apartment rents....

With Murooj - I guess you're talking about buying... I'm keen to rent... hey ho. I'm working in Emarat Atrium so somewhere out that direction would be good.... Thinking maybe Springs / Greens but the whole traffic in the moring just to get onto the SZR is a worry....

Cheers,

Auto
I'll look up some links...theres hundreds...

No..renting in the Marooj....all just about gone!!!!

& its going to get 100 times worse along the SZR
Old Dec 17th 2004, 8:49 am
A slow driver!

lillygirl is a splendid one to beholdlillygirl is a splendid one to beholdlillygirl is a splendid one to beholdlillygirl is a splendid one to beholdlillygirl is a splendid one to beholdlillygirl is a splendid one to beholdlillygirl is a splendid one to beholdlillygirl is a splendid one to beholdlillygirl is a splendid one to beholdlillygirl is a splendid one to beholdlillygirl is a splendid one to behold

Hey TS,

Cheers,

Auto
Send a PM to Joseph Creative as he knows about it.
Old Dec 17th 2004, 10:27 am
BE Enthusiast

DubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud of

Hey TS,

Cheers,

Auto
We are moving to the LAKES and we are worried about the traffic situation in the morning. Spoken to some friends about it, apparently the traffic holdup starts at a certain time in the morning and if you can leave 5 minutes before that it should be ok.
LakesLassie, what is the alternative LAKES exit that goes round the Green Apartments like?

x
Old Dec 17th 2004, 11:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Palm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nice

Originally Posted by DubaiExpat
We are moving to the LAKES and we are worried about the traffic situation in the morning. Spoken to some friends about it, apparently the traffic holdup starts at a certain time in the morning and if you can leave 5 minutes before that it should be ok.
LakesLassie, what is the alternative LAKES exit that goes round the Green Apartments like?

x

Hi DE, I hope you don't mind me replying to that. I used to be able to get out of The Greens to SZR within 5 minutes, it has reached 15 now, as so many trucks are queuing up but I take the alternative route to Al Barsha which again takes me just 5 minutes but that route could easily change as it is only temporary. When you get out by The Lakes exit behind The Greens, you head straight towards Al Barsha where you will reach a traffic light under construction. Sadly, you have to turn right and drive to the next U-turn which seems a bit far and time consuming but still better than stuck behind trucks or you could take the risk like many and get through a loop hole at the junction, which isn't allowed but many do it anyway, that will safe a lot of time but by the time you move, the traffic light might be fully operational. You need to follow the road which leads to Dubai International School and just before the school, the first possible U-turn in a slight bend, you turn left and follow that road until you reach SZR, so easy and without any traffic. When returning home from school getting out at Interchange 4 currently also saves me 30 minutes of waisted time queuing up at Interchange 5. No need to worry too much. Usually things can be overcome.
Old Dec 17th 2004, 12:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

DubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Palm Tree
Hi DE, I hope you don't mind me replying to that. I used to be able to get out of The Greens to SZR within 5 minutes, it has reached 15 now, as so many trucks are queuing up but I take the alternative route to Al Barsha which again takes me just 5 minutes but that route could easily change as it is only temporary. When you get out by The Lakes exit behind The Greens, you head straight towards Al Barsha where you will reach a traffic light under construction. Sadly, you have to turn right and drive to the next U-turn which seems a bit far and time consuming but still better than stuck behind trucks or you could take the risk like many and get through a loop hole at the junction, which isn't allowed but many do it anyway, that will safe a lot of time but by the time you move, the traffic light might be fully operational. You need to follow the road which leads to Dubai International School and just before the school, the first possible U-turn in a slight bend, you turn left and follow that road until you reach SZR, so easy and without any traffic. When returning home from school getting out at Interchange 4 currently also saves me 30 minutes of waisted time queuing up at Interchange 5. No need to worry too much. Usually things can be overcome.
Hiya PT, no I don't mind at all You are ever so helpful, I have printed out the directions and will try them out perhaps today if I am not doing anything!!

Merry Christmas!!
Sophie

Oh and Autonomy I heard the Springs and Meadows people use the alternative Lakes exit and this newly-built road that meets up with the alt. Lakes exit behind the Greens !
Old Dec 17th 2004, 3:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

LakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to behold

x
It's great - apart from the trucks which hold you up a wee bit, but that's only on a small stretch of road so no real problem.

I don't go on SZR much at all now, I use Al Khail Road instead. If you turn right (no option anyway) at the traffic lights just past the Greens then keep going for about 1-2 km you turn off at road 44 heading for Dubai. It's a 4 lane freeway but with no road works & hardly any traffic. There are 3 rondabouts to negotiate between there & the turn off for interchange 2 at Al Wasl.

I used to get my son to JPS in 15 mins on SZR but it now takes that long to get out of the Lakes some mornings. Using Al Khail Rd I am GUARANTEED to get to JPS from my house in 20 mins.

If you take the next turn off for Jumeirah you come to interchange 1 (Defence Roundabout) or the next turnoff takes you via road 66 through Oud Metha & joins SZR across from Wafi. Good for going to City Centre etc. On the way back, follow signs for Al Ain road 66 then Jebel Ali/Abu Dhabi road 44. Took me 15 mins to get home from Creekside Park the other day. Bliss!

Hope all that rambling made sense! Interchange 5 is currently so bad, even if I'm coming home down Al Wasl or Beach Rd I cross over at interchange 4 & come through Al Barsha as there are no holdups there.

As I say you can avoid the hideous traffic at interchange 5 & the exit to the Lakes so it really isn't enough of a concern to put me off living here. When do you move? Looking forward to it?

LL
Old Dec 17th 2004, 6:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LakesLassie
It's great - apart from the trucks which hold you up a wee bit, but that's only on a small stretch of road so no real problem.

I don't go on SZR much at all now, I use Al Khail Road instead. If you turn right (no option anyway) at the traffic lights just past the Greens then keep going for about 1-2 km you turn off at road 44 heading for Dubai. It's a 4 lane freeway but with no road works & hardly any traffic. There are 3 rondabouts to negotiate between there & the turn off for interchange 2 at Al Wasl.

I used to get my son to JPS in 15 mins on SZR but it now takes that long to get out of the Lakes some mornings. Using Al Khail Rd I am GUARANTEED to get to JPS from my house in 20 mins.

If you take the next turn off for Jumeirah you come to interchange 1 (Defence Roundabout) or the next turnoff takes you via road 66 through Oud Metha & joins SZR across from Wafi. Good for going to City Centre etc. On the way back, follow signs for Al Ain road 66 then Jebel Ali/Abu Dhabi road 44. Took me 15 mins to get home from Creekside Park the other day. Bliss!

Hope all that rambling made sense! Interchange 5 is currently so bad, even if I'm coming home down Al Wasl or Beach Rd I cross over at interchange 4 & come through Al Barsha as there are no holdups there.

As I say you can avoid the hideous traffic at interchange 5 & the exit to the Lakes so it really isn't enough of a concern to put me off living here. When do you move? Looking forward to it?

LL

Oooh that information should keep me occupied and confused for a long while! Only joking, they are definitely helpful, we would love to avoid the SZR madness as well. The 44 road is the one that goes between the Emirates Road and the SZR right?

We are definitely looking forward to moving, will be sooooo much closer to town (we are in Green Community now, yes I know it's practically in Saudi Arabia!!!) :scared: We're flying out during the Christmas period so a dear friend of ours will help with the moving and when we fly back in shortly after New Year's our new house should be ready! Do you have any tips for us, new Lakes residents? Menu items to avoid on the Lakes Club menu for example
Which part of the Lakes do you live in, if you don't mind me asking!

Merry Christmas!
Old Dec 18th 2004, 3:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Palm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nice

Oooh that information should keep me occupied and confused for a long while! Only joking, they are definitely helpful, we would love to avoid the SZR madness as well. The 44 road is the one that goes between the Emirates Road and the SZR right?

We are definitely looking forward to moving, will be sooooo much closer to town (we are in Green Community now, yes I know it's practically in Saudi Arabia!!!) :scared: We're flying out during the Christmas period so a dear friend of ours will help with the moving and when we fly back in shortly after New Year's our new house should be ready! Do you have any tips for us, new Lakes residents? Menu items to avoid on the Lakes Club menu for example

Merry Christmas!

You might not need to worry. Looks like the ban on trucks on Emirates Road has finally done the trick. I expected an improvement last week but I suppose it takes time for the trucks to take the ban seriously. Well, it was a delight getting on to SZR road this morning. No traffic and more importandly NO TRUCKS, what a bliss! I know some schools have closed already but it is the trucks who really were slowing things down badly.

Merry Xmas & Happy holidays
Old Dec 18th 2004, 5:01 am
BE Enthusiast

LakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to behold

Merry Christmas!
Yes Al Khail Rd is the one in between SZR and Emirates Road. It really is SO much less stressful than SZR.

You should like the Lakes DE, although not everyone is too friendly, but I suppose that applies to other parts of town too. We don't really use the club facilities much as it's a bit stressful with our 20 month old fearless daughter! If we go to the pool, it's usually to our neighbourhood one (we're in Zulal btw).

The facilities are pretty good. The gym is well equipped and is much quieter now than it was for a while, although I expect it'll be bursting at the seams after New Year again! I don't use the gym but I do go to a couple of exercise classes. The tennis courts are fine too, although you do need to book in advance as they can be busy at certain times.

The restaurant is OK, but the caterers changed on the 15th from Jumeirah International to Jebel Ali Hospitality so I've no idea what they're like. The prices have always been pretty good & it's very child friendly.

All in all we like it. The shop & ATM are really handy and the shopping centre round the corner at the Greens is very handy too. Drop me a PM when you're here & I'll fill you in on the bits not to be divulged on a public forum!

Have a great holiday DE!
Old Dec 18th 2004, 8:03 am
The 5th Amendment

joseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nice

i actually enjoy the SZR... heh heh...

and all safe back rom our last little jaunt off road. Even though we had to dig out once in the sand then an insane Emirati took us in the dunes with 2 of his mates.... excellent... but the queue for the air by Big red is a bitch.. and they blew up someones tyres!!!

Murooj is rental and takesa long time to get approved....

who else is moving in there? I heard that Lillygirl is...
Old Dec 18th 2004, 9:19 am
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by joseph.creative
i actually enjoy the SZR... heh heh...

and all safe back rom our last little jaunt off road. Even though we had to dig out once in the sand then an insane Emirati took us in the dunes with 2 of his mates.... excellent... but the queue for the air by Big red is a bitch.. and they blew up someones tyres!!!

Murooj is rental and takesa long time to get approved....

who else is moving in there? I heard that Lillygirl is...
From the looks of things, the Murroj is virtually complete. I love that lanscaped area at the front of the building. Its to die for!

Lillygirl keeps spreading these rumours about her moving into Murooj.... without her presence here, there is no way for her to have secured a flat, is there?

Big Red was very scary indeed..... especially when u r 0.5 degrees from toppling a over a rented 4X4 that u r taking up on the dunes for the first time in ur life! lol..... gr8 adrenaline rush though.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.