moving to uae

Old Oct 28th 2008, 6:52 am
Forum Regular

madscots will become famous soon enoughmadscots will become famous soon enough
Default moving to uae

hi folks,
at long last it looks like we will be heading to dubai. the question iswhat would the approximate timings be.
i have sent the acceptance to the company but still to send the attested certificates - they are in london. i am estimating 4 weeks to get it back.
i would then be sending this allong with the acceptance, etc to the coy.
the next bit is where i am unsure, how long until they say get yourself here, we have the employment permit.
i presume i would get this at the airport when i land, i have been told i would be going to the office on the first day, i assume this would be for medical and residence application stuff.
for my wife and daughter to come over what do i have to get certified to get their visas.

thanks for replies to the above
Old Oct 28th 2008, 6:55 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: moving to uae

Originally Posted by madscots
hi folks,
at long last it looks like we will be heading to dubai. the question iswhat would the approximate timings be.
i have sent the acceptance to the company but still to send the attested certificates - they are in london. i am estimating 4 weeks to get it back.
i would then be sending this allong with the acceptance, etc to the coy.
the next bit is where i am unsure, how long until they say get yourself here, we have the employment permit.
i presume i would get this at the airport when i land, i have been told i would be going to the office on the first day, i assume this would be for medical and residence application stuff.
for my wife and daughter to come over what do i have to get certified to get their visas.

thanks for replies to the above
They may not want to wait for the employment stuff to be processed. I originally came in on a visit visa and started work the first morning. Over the next couple of weeks, they drew up the UAE contract and processed everything from there.....
Old Oct 28th 2008, 11:13 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: moving to uae

Originally Posted by TGFKASE
They may not want to wait for the employment stuff to be processed. I originally came in on a visit visa and started work the first morning. Over the next couple of weeks, they drew up the UAE contract and processed everything from there.....
Completely illegal to work on a visit visa over here but this is Dubai where the criminal is king...and is usually your boss.