Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Moving to Qatar with family....help!

Moving to Qatar with family....help!

Old Jun 22nd 2018, 10:06 am
Forum Regular

ReesanDemha is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Moving to Qatar with family....help!

Critical ages for your kids education - disruptive if you plan on staying for only 2 years - some good English schools but waiting lists at most- think carefully for your kids sakes
Old Jun 24th 2018, 10:33 am
Just Joined

nk12345 is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face Re: Moving to Qatar with family....help!

Hi MamaG2319,

Changing countries can be a scary big move but there are plenty of expats in Qatar who will most definitely help you and your family out. One thing you have to keep in mind is the protection of your family, taking into account that the laws are very different than in the UK.

I help UK expats who move out here with informing them with all the rules, regulations, and key must-knows. I'm not trying to sell you anything don't worry, I just help people as I am an expat myself and wish someone helped me this way.

<3 much love
Old Jun 24th 2018, 11:12 am
BE Enthusiast

reddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: Moving to Qatar with family....help!

Originally Posted by nk12345
Hi MamaG2319,

Changing countries can be a scary big move but there are plenty of expats in Qatar who will most definitely help you and your family out. One thing you have to keep in mind is the protection of your family, taking into account that the laws are very different than in the UK.

I help UK expats who move out here with informing them with all the rules, regulations, and key must-knows. I'm not trying to sell you anything don't worry, I just help people as I am an expat myself and wish someone helped me this way.

<3 much love

The only thing the OP needs to know is. Forget your driving lessons in the UK here everything goes, learn how to queue jump in shops and everywhere else, grow an enormous chip on your shoulder and treat people as if they are beneath you, let the airborne arrogance virus engulf you as the plane lands oh and stop packing your own groceries or pushing your own trolley to the car. .
Old Jul 5th 2018, 1:30 pm
Just Joined

feemackenzie is an unknown quantity at this point

So thank you all.
Update: has anyone had experience of Loydence Acadamy? I've secured an interview with them in the next few days. We have also secured places for the children in KS3 school IF I am successful.
Old Oct 16th 2019, 3:38 pm
Just Joined

Newcraighall is an unknown quantity at this point

MamaG2319 - would you mind sharing your experience re Doha with me? We're a family, 2 kids (5 and 3) from Scotland. We're thinking of moving to Doha and I wanted to know about your experiences. My wife would be a stay and home mum, but I'm worried about things for kids to do as well as pollution. We've lived in Dubai before and my daughter developed a cough, which rapidly went once we returned to Scotland and breathed (fully appreciating) the clean air. Did you enjoy your time there? How did your kids fare? How did you find it? Really would appreciate your advice.
Old Oct 16th 2019, 4:38 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Newcraighall
MamaG2319 - would you mind sharing your experience re Doha with me? We're a family, 2 kids (5 and 3) from Scotland. We're thinking of moving to Doha and I wanted to know about your experiences. My wife would be a stay and home mum, but I'm worried about things for kids to do as well as pollution. We've lived in Dubai before and my daughter developed a cough, which rapidly went once we returned to Scotland and breathed (fully appreciating) the clean air. Did you enjoy your time there? How did your kids fare? How did you find it? Really would appreciate your advice.
MamaG2319 started this thread over 2 years ago, and is very unlikely to see your post. Can I suggest you start a new thread pls? That way those in similar circumstances are more likely to see it and respond.

Thx, I'll close this thread now.