moving to KSA

Old Aug 7th 2012, 9:56 am
Just Joined

thelucky is an unknown quantity at this point
Default moving to KSA

hi guys i just received my work visa from my employer in saudi, can anyone tell me how long have i got to apply for the visa and after obtaining the visa from the saudi embassy in london when should i be leaving? i need to know this as i have got few things to sort out here before i go????

thank you all for any assistance
Old Aug 7th 2012, 9:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: moving to KSA

no idea, but I love the irony between your user name and the title of this thread!
Old Aug 7th 2012, 10:22 am
Just Joined

thelucky is an unknown quantity at this point

is my username upsetting ya or something lool i ll change it if u want me to lool
Old Aug 7th 2012, 10:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

no I love it- lucky and moving to KSA- some might not see that as particulalry high up in the lucky stakes.
Old Aug 7th 2012, 10:46 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thelucky
is my username upsetting ya or something lool i ll change it if u want me to lool
I think you'll find we all get rather more upset by people posting using 'textspeak' and forgetting grammar and punctuation.
Old Aug 7th 2012, 11:10 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

hi guys i just received my work visa from my employer in saudi, can anyone tell me how long have i got to apply for the visa and after obtaining the visa from the saudi embassy in london when should i be leaving? i need to know this as i have got few things to sort out here before i go????

capitals please welcome to BE and I rather fear you are far from Lucky
Old Aug 7th 2012, 11:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lucky- if your grammar and typos and lack of punctuation in general is consistent then they let you off eventually- taken me three years.. text speak however is unforgivable!
Old Aug 7th 2012, 11:58 am
Forum Regular

goonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud of

Hi and welcome to BE,

The ansers to your questions really are determined by your current employment status and new employers expectations / demands - and sandwiched inbetween these are your owm personal circumstances and eligibilty to be granted the visa by the Embassy.
  • Assuming your employed, your current employer will want notice.
  • Your potential employer will be expecting you to take up post by a certain date ?
  • The visa process can be fraught with setbacks and requires medicals, document legalisation etc so needs factoring in to your timescale plans.
if none of the above applies, then get on the plane and join the party in KSA - what you waiting for ?

Good luck with it all..
Old Aug 7th 2012, 1:05 pm
Forum Regular

Southlondoner is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

Once you have your work visa, then most of the battle is won.
You simply need to get the iqama stamped on your passport at the Saudi embassy here - and then just board the flight whenever.

I doubt your employers will want you to start until after the Eid holidays. It is Ramadan now and there is a ten day holiday for Eid when the country esssentially shuts down.

Well done - it is quite tough to get this far with a Saudi work visa in this exonomix climate! All the best.
Old Aug 7th 2012, 4:19 pm
Banned

Desert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to behold

Do you not have an agreed joining date?

I have no idea how long the work visa is valid for before you apply to have it stamped. My work visa once stamped was valid for 90 days within which I had to enter the country and get the Iqama. Suspect it's the same in UK.

Don't let the BE audience get to you, Saudi is a great place. Where else you can drive like a madman and stop work three times a day to pray?
Old Aug 7th 2012, 5:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Desert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really nice

Has the employer not told you what to do?

You need to carry out a medical and have the reports sent to the embassy with your passport, employer letter and application.

There are a number of agents who can guide you through this process. I used Harley Medical and Visa Services

15 Harley Street London, W1G 9QQ
020 7636 7333
Old Aug 8th 2012, 4:58 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Desert Dubliner
Do you not have an agreed joining date?

I have no idea how long the work visa is valid for before you apply to have it stamped. My work visa once stamped was valid for 90 days within which I had to enter the country and get the Iqama. Suspect it's the same in UK.

Don't let the BE audience get to you, Saudi is a great place. Where else you can drive like a madman and stop work three times a day to pray?
Bradford ?