Reload this Page >

Moving to Jubail KSA shortly

Moving to Jubail KSA shortly

Old Apr 28th 2014, 7:51 am
Just Joined

Viviane12red is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Moving to Jubail KSA shortly

Originally Posted by Leedssp85
Hi I've secured a lab job in Jubail, Saudi Arabia for an initial 2 year contract. I'm moving over in early January 2014. I am leaving my fiancee and 1 year old back in the UK. I am planning to be out here for ~ 5-10 years.

I just have a few questions:

What are the plugs/voltages in Jubail like?

What are the clothes expat males where when out and about? Is it more relaxed in the compounds? Also, what are requirements when at work? (I don't want to offend to locals).

I have read there is not much to do out there, but as long as I've got my computer game and a decent net connection I should be ok.

I'm getting married back in the UK in 2014 and then declaring non-resident status to the HMRC as I won't be back to the UK much that much, as I don't get too many annual leave days to be in the UK (only get 22 days in my package). I will be sending money back to the missus to cover rent and expenses but her income in the UK is hers to do as she pleases. Does this sound feasible to prevent paying UK tax on non-UK earnings from a non-UK company?

Any advice would be appreciated.
Regards,
Leedssp85

hello leedsp85,, i've read your post, i too am about to start at sadara,, any advice will be welcome
regards