Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

moving to Dubai (need advice)

moving to Dubai (need advice)

Old Jun 11th 2013, 3:57 pm
Just Joined

Kirsty94 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default moving to Dubai (need advice)

My boyfriend recently became unemployed from his job and is thinking of moving to Dubai to become a P.E teacher after previously working in a primary school, he wants me to go with him, however I am 19 years old and was wondering whether it would be easy to get a job out there with a Travel and Tourism diploma? And would they provide accommodation for myself? as we don't want to get married due to only being together for a year, so cant live together?
Old Jun 11th 2013, 4:14 pm
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: moving to Dubai (need advice)

Legally you cannot live together, but lots of people do. P.E. teacher, very tough market. For you try here but I think you'll be lucky and highly unlikely to find an employer who would pay accom. http://www.expatwoman.com/dubai/monthly_jobs.aspx
Old Jun 11th 2013, 4:16 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by mikewot
Legally you cannot live together, but lots of people do. P.E. teacher, very tough market. For you try here but I think you'll be lucky and highly unlikely to find an employer who would pay accom. http://www.expatwoman.com/dubai/monthly_jobs.aspx
No we weren't planning to, so is it possible to get a job that will provide me accommodation ?
Old Jun 11th 2013, 4:18 pm
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kirsty94
so is it possible to get a job that will provide me accommodation ?
Highly unlikely unless you have a highly marketable skill. Bear in mind that out here people from the Indian sub continent will do jobs for a fraction of a Western Expats costs, don't expect accommodation and are smilingly happy to do so.
Old Jun 11th 2013, 4:25 pm
Just Joined

Highly unlikely unless you have a highly marketable skill. Bear in mind that out here people from the Indian sub continent will do jobs for a fraction of a Western Expats costs, don't expect accommodation and are smilingly happy to do so.
hmm I see, so it would be a case of having to save to pay for accommodation.... If my boyfriend got a teaching job, do they provide accommodation for him, or again would he have to pay for his own ?
Old Jun 11th 2013, 4:39 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Kirsty94
If my boyfriend got a teaching job, do they provide accommodation for him, or again would he have to pay for his own ?
Depends on the job. Bear in mind that PE teachers/Personal Trainers are, not sure how to put this but not intended derogatorily, 10 a penny out here.
Old Jun 11th 2013, 4:42 pm
Just Joined

Depends on the job. Bear in mind that PE teachers/Personal Trainers are, not sure how to put this but not intended derogatorily, 10 a penny out here.
Stressful, but thank you
Old Jun 12th 2013, 11:37 pm
Just Joined

Dean2013 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, i'm a personal trainer living in the uk and thinking of moving over to Dubai later this year! I was thinking to work P/T and freelance, is that possible?

thx
Old Jun 13th 2013, 3:57 am
Forum Regular

Quackers is just really niceQuackers is just really niceQuackers is just really niceQuackers is just really niceQuackers is just really niceQuackers is just really niceQuackers is just really niceQuackers is just really nice

This is the Middle East. They 'pay peanuts and employ monkeys'
Old Jun 13th 2013, 4:25 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Quackers
This is the Middle East. They 'pay peanuts and employ monkeys'
Speak for yourself.
Old Jun 13th 2013, 6:27 am
BE Enthusiast

the_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond repute

Mike re PE teachers, I don’t 100% agree. Most good schools would want a fully qualified PE teachers, and the British/American schools do still like having expat staff in at least key positions. There’s also a shortage of male teaching staff in lots of positions.

Most British/American schools give accommodation (or an allowance for it), its often in blocks full of other teachers from the same school, so sharing as an unmarried couple could be more risky than if you were in a block not surrounded by colleagues.
Old Jun 13th 2013, 7:20 am
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dean2013
Hi, i'm a personal trainer living in the uk and thinking of moving over to Dubai later this year! I was thinking to work P/T and freelance, is that possible?
thx
It's doable but you need to cultivate the right connections. Patsy Stoned seems to have thrived at it.
Old Jun 13th 2013, 7:42 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by the_red_sheep
Mike re PE teachers, I don’t 100% agree. Most good schools would want a fully qualified PE teachers, and the British/American schools do still like having expat staff in at least key positions. There’s also a shortage of male teaching staff in lots of positions.

Most British/American schools give accommodation (or an allowance for it), its often in blocks full of other teachers from the same school, so sharing as an unmarried couple could be more risky than if you were in a block not surrounded by colleagues.
AGreed.

The mrs is a fully qualified PE teacher. Get's an apartment provided and works with 5 other people in the PE department at a primary school.

Parent's love getting their fat ****wit kids into sports and clubs, so PE is a big dept.
Old Jun 13th 2013, 3:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxovzT2o4IE
Old Jun 14th 2013, 1:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

Depends on the job. Bear in mind that under qualified/gym hobbyist PE teachers/Personal Trainers are, not sure how to put this but not intended derogatorily, 10 a penny out here.
Amended that for you sweetie.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.