Moving to Dubai in March

Moving to Dubai in March

Old Feb 1st 2011, 9:46 am
Just Joined

Nibsy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to Dubai in March

Hello everyone,

Nice forum you have going here.

I'm in the process of sorting out a contract to move to Dubai in March. I have hundreds of questions, but the one i suppose i'm keen to know more than anything, is how much is golf out there?

I'd ideally like to join a club rather than pay each time i go.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Alex
Old Feb 1st 2011, 9:57 am
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Moving to Dubai in March

It's about 800AED for a round of golf - per person. Use that as the base fr

Cheaper courses in Sharjah and Al Ain, but they require a long drive.

As for membership:
http://www.elsclubdubai.com/Membership/Default.aspx

Originally Posted by Nibsy
Hello everyone,

Nice forum you have going here.

I'm in the process of sorting out a contract to move to Dubai in March. I have hundreds of questions, but the one i suppose i'm keen to know more than anything, is how much is golf out there?

I'd ideally like to join a club rather than pay each time i go.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Alex
Old Feb 1st 2011, 10:03 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ethos83
It's about 800AED for a round of golf - per person.
Bloody Hell. Am I glad I don't play golf. Mind you, it can cost over Dhs300 just for 45 minutes of rifle shooting at the local range.
Old Feb 1st 2011, 10:11 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Ethos83
It's about 800AED for a round of golf - per person. Use that as the base fr

Cheaper courses in Sharjah and Al Ain, but they require a long drive.

As for membership:
http://www.elsclubdubai.com/Membership/Default.aspx
Thanks for this.

Quite expensive, but heard the courses are pretty special. I'm hoping golf will come as part of my package but wanting to look at everything before i make my decision.

Alex
Old Feb 1st 2011, 10:22 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

www.dubaigolf.com might help answer those questions, if you want to be a member somewhere it costs a fortune. My husband plays as a non member at Sharjah (sand) and Al Hamra in RAK (grass) where it is cheaper
Old Feb 1st 2011, 10:28 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
www.dubaigolf.com might help answer those questions, if you want to be a member somewhere it costs a fortune. My husband plays as a non member at Sharjah (sand) and Al Hamra in RAK (grass) where it is cheaper
Thank you for this.

Will have a read today. Will also check out the courses your husband plays. I was told golf wasn't cheap and they're not kidding!

Alex
Old Feb 1st 2011, 12:15 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for this.

Will have a read today. Will also check out the courses your husband plays. I was told golf wasn't cheap and they're not kidding!

Alex
Look up Golf in Ras Al Khaimah there are two courses
Old Feb 1st 2011, 1:33 pm
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm hoping golf will come as part of my package but wanting to look at everything before i make my decision.
Any company that provides golf packages to prospective recruits is certain to go bust, mark my words.
Old Feb 1st 2011, 1:56 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by lionheart
Any company that provides golf packages to prospective recruits is certain to go bust, mark my words.
Having looked at the cost of some golf courses i think you're right! You'll most probably catch me playing crazy golf on the beach...

Thank you all for the advice and sites, very helpful.

Hopefully all going well i may be chatting to you more often and asking for advice on nice bars and restaurants to try.

Alex
Old Feb 1st 2011, 2:07 pm
Concierge

not all, I know a few who get club memberships, the Emirates Pilots for example
Old Feb 2nd 2011, 1:25 pm
ex-expat

Hello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond repute

if you buy the Family Entertainer book, there's buy-one-get-one-free rounds of gold at about 4 or 5 different courses, which makes it "reasonable" in Mr Kitty's mind. His summary of courses here is that they're well maintained and a step up from UK courses, but gosh are they expensive!
Old Feb 2nd 2011, 3:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Bloody Hell. Am I glad I don't play golf. Mind you, it can cost over Dhs300 just for 45 minutes of rifle shooting at the local range.
where do you go for that? I'm sure it was cheaper at Jebel Ali when I went there.
Old Feb 2nd 2011, 3:52 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Hello.Kitty
if you buy the Family Entertainer book, there's buy-one-get-one-free rounds of gold at about 4 or 5 different courses, which makes it "reasonable" in Mr Kitty's mind. His summary of courses here is that they're well maintained and a step up from UK courses, but gosh are they expensive!
Thanks for advice on this.

I have just accepted my offer and will be heading over in the next month or so. All very exciting, my offer didn't come with golf membership (gutted), but it is discounted. So i'm hoping to be playing a fair bit, if anyone is interested in a game, please let me know, will be a nice way to meet some people.

On the topic of meeting new people, i will be coming over on my lonesome. So wondering if you guys organise any social things on here?

Alex
Old Feb 3rd 2011, 2:10 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

many sales guys for in my line of work get golf as part of thier package.
Old Feb 3rd 2011, 5:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Mogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to all

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse
where do you go for that? I'm sure it was cheaper at Jebel Ali when I went there.
Jebel Ali is only a 9 hole course....hence at least half the price of 18 holes elsewhere (around 200 dhs from memory)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.