Moving to Dubai

Old Apr 15th 2009, 3:46 pm
Just Joined

KiwiJoJo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to Dubai

Hello,

My husband and I along with our 2 wee boys are relocating to Dubai end of June. We are going to need a serviced apartment for the 1st 2 months until our furniture arrives and just wondered if anyone can recommend any. My husband will be travelling out to the freezone to the office. I thought the Marina maybe a good area? I want somewhere that I can get out and about with the kids (even though I know it's going to be hot). Close to some shopping malls maybe. The thought of being trapped in a apartment with 2 kids is a bit scary........ :-)
Old Apr 15th 2009, 4:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Dubai

Originally Posted by KiwiJoJo
Hello,

My husband and I along with our 2 wee boys are relocating to Dubai end of June. We are going to need a serviced apartment for the 1st 2 months until our furniture arrives and just wondered if anyone can recommend any. My husband will be travelling out to the freezone to the office. I thought the Marina maybe a good area? I want somewhere that I can get out and about with the kids (even though I know it's going to be hot). Close to some shopping malls maybe. The thought of being trapped in a apartment with 2 kids is a bit scary........ :-)
You need Atul, the main man for short-term furnished lets in The Greens.

Post a bit more, then I can PM you his number.

(Which freezone by the way?)
Old Apr 16th 2009, 1:34 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Hello,

try Nuran in the Marina, to be honest the Company should really be sorting this out for you, why aren't they? welcome to BE
Old Apr 16th 2009, 11:55 pm
Just Joined

snoogydoogy is an unknown quantity at this point

hi im moving to dubai in june does anyone know what the best mobile phone network is to join?
Old Apr 17th 2009, 12:03 am
BE Enthusiast

StublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to all

Originally Posted by snoogydoogy
hi im moving to dubai in june does anyone know what the best mobile phone network is to join?
think there is only 2. Etisalat or Du.

Etisalat is the older and probably has more coverage????
I am with Du and its fine everywhere i have used it.

Apart from that I cant really give much more info? Maybe someone else on here can help with internet details etc?
Old Apr 17th 2009, 3:24 am
Account Closed

Emerald_Eyes is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi KiwiJoJo,

Have a look at this recent thread about serviced apartments. You might find it useful:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ighlight=Nuran

Good luck x
Old Apr 17th 2009, 3:34 am
BE Enthusiast

StublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to all

Hello,

You could try the baron hotel apts in al barsha also (beside the mall)

i stayed in there before for 360 dhs per night (after sending an email to the manager) for a 1 bed apartment - Not full blown luxury but pretty decent. Think you could probably get a 2 bed for around 500 - but you could get nicer probably on Dubizzle.com - short term lets - there are 2 beds for the month all inc to be had now for 10000+ (think i saw a greens 2 bed last week for 11k per month) You could probably get a 2 bed in JLT for around 9-10k also. (seen a 1 bed for 7k the other day (furnished/internet/satellite etc)
Old Apr 17th 2009, 3:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Not exactly amazing apartments but if you are looking for a decent location and short term:

http://www.dubizzle.com/property-for...marina-dimond/

Good area to be in with kids?
http://www.dubizzle.com/property-for...11-000aedmont/
Old Apr 17th 2009, 7:58 pm
Just Joined

KiwiJoJo is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks everyone for your replies.

The freezone hubby will be working in, is the one out by the airport.

The company covers our accommodation but we can choose where we want to stay. I think the nuran apartments at the marina will be a good option for us for the 1st couple of months.

Looking forward to coming out and starting a new adventure. Everyone seems very up and down towards Dubai at the moment so I am staying open minded and hoping we will have a great few years out here with the family.

Thanks to all you BE here - I have found lots of useful advice! :
Old Apr 18th 2009, 6:57 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks everyone for your replies.

The freezone hubby will be working in, is the one out by the airport.

The company covers our accommodation but we can choose where we want to stay. I think the nuran apartments at the marina will be a good option for us for the 1st couple of months.

Looking forward to coming out and starting a new adventure. Everyone seems very up and down towards Dubai at the moment so I am staying open minded and hoping we will have a great few years out here with the family.

Thanks to all you BE here - I have found lots of useful advice! :
I would try and find accomodation closer to the Airport in that case, try Golden Sands in Bur Dubai.
Old Apr 18th 2009, 7:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by StublueKPL
Not exactly amazing apartments but if you are looking for a decent location and short term:

http://www.dubizzle.com/property-for...marina-dimond/

Good area to be in with kids?
http://www.dubizzle.com/property-for...11-000aedmont/
I have an apartment for short term lease at the moment, it's not serviced, but it's a nice furnished one bed within walking distance to the Mall of the Emirates if anyone needs one at any stage. It's available from now until January for any or all of that time.
Old Apr 18th 2009, 10:08 pm
Just Joined

snoogydoogy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by StublueKPL
think there is only 2. Etisalat or Du.

Etisalat is the older and probably has more coverage????
I am with Du and its fine everywhere i have used it.

Apart from that I cant really give much more info? Maybe someone else on here can help with internet details etc?

thanks stublukpl , looks like i'll have to get a pay as u go sim, contracts seem really expensive