moving to Dubai

Old Jan 24th 2007, 9:42 pm
Just Joined

antonyjk05 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile moving to Dubai

Hello everyone,
I'm a 29 year old guy from India. Did my bachelors in Hotel management from Bangalore, MBA from USA and currently working in UK as an Asst. Food and Beverage Manager at a renowned Golf club.

I'm looking to move to Dubai and work in the hotel industry and at the same time gain some experience in Investment. Looking to work in an investment bank in maybe two years.

What are the chances of finding a management level job in 5 star hotel/golf club? From reading the postings in here, it looks like cost of living is same as in London. Does anyone know how much a middle management job in a good hotel would pay?

Thanks in advance. This site has given me more information in one day than all research I've done in two weeks
Old Jan 24th 2007, 9:54 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: moving to Dubai

Can't really help, but welcome to BE
Old Jan 25th 2007, 3:09 am
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by antonyjk05
I'm looking to move to Dubai and work in the hotel industry and at the same time gain some experience in Investment. Looking to work in an investment bank in maybe two years.
I don't understand - I can't see the connection between the hotel industry and the investment banking. If you have no investment banking experience then your chances are nil - notwithstanding your MBA. Also I cannot see how you can gain investment banking experience whilst working in the hotel industry.

Originally Posted by antonyjk05

What are the chances of finding a management level job in 5 star hotel/golf club? From reading the postings in here, it looks like cost of living is same as in London. Does anyone know how much a middle management job in a good hotel would pay?
Cannot really say about the hospitality industry - but I rarley hear of Asians in management positions especially here in Dubai. The adverts are blatantly racist (US/US/SA/Aust preferred!!).

If you are interested in Investment Banking, then strongly suggest you get some IB experience in the UK and then move to the UAE. Not only are the pay scales excellent, you will find that the industry recruits by and large on qualifications and experience.

Use the search facility on this forum to find out more on the cost of living.

Cheers
Old Jan 25th 2007, 3:44 am
Trust Your Instincts.....

sassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to behold

Quite alot of assistant F&B managers in the hotels here are Indian if I was you I would send you C.V to all the major hotels or go through some of the recruitment agencies in London.........
Old Jan 25th 2007, 4:02 am
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sassy
Quite alot of assistant F&B managers in the hotels here are Indian if I was you I would send you C.V to all the major hotels or go through some of the recruitment agencies in London.........
I thought the OP said he was looking at a middle managment position?

As an Asst F&B manager your are looking at roughly $ 2 - 3k per month.

Check this site - some hotels have advertised directly
http://www.catererglobal.com/JobsByC...ment/Page1.htm

Last edited by IndieG; Jan 25th 2007 at 4:22 am.
Old Jan 26th 2007, 3:29 am

sassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by IndieGirl
I thought the OP said he was looking at a middle managment position?

As an Asst F&B manager your are looking at roughly $ 2 - 3k per month.

Check this site - some hotels have advertised directly
http://www.catererglobal.com/JobsByC...ment/Page1.htm
I think you are very wrong there Indie girl......... even an assitant restaurent manager would get alot more than that,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Old Jan 26th 2007, 5:31 am
BE Forum Addict

I think you are very wrong there Indie girl......... even an assitant restaurent manager would get alot more than that,,,,,,,,,,,,,
I gathered this information from various recruitment agencies advertising for Asst Mgr F&B. The link provided above, being one of them.
Old Jan 26th 2007, 5:49 am
Banned

GrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud of

I gathered this information from various recruitment agencies advertising for Asst Mgr F&B. The link provided above, being one of them.
Assistant F&B manager in Dubai is something like vice-half-slave everywhere else in the world. Hint: Macao, great place to go right now. Or Shanghai.
Old Jan 26th 2007, 5:46 pm

Well as you said earlier you dont know anything about the hospitality industry here...I do...
Old Jan 26th 2007, 6:27 pm
Banned

GrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud of

Well as you said earlier you dont know anything about the hospitality industry here...I do...
Well, tell us something about it then, share some knowledge. How much for an assistant F&B Manager, prime chain (Jumeirah, Hilton, Hyatt, etc)?
Old Jan 27th 2007, 4:32 am
BE Forum Addict

I may not be in the industry, but like I said you simply have to check out the adverts to get an idea of the average.

Jumeirah and another hotel have advertised here:
http://www.caterer.com/Jobseeking/FB...World_f17.html

http://www.searchjobs.jobs.co.uk/Job...tButton=Submit
5* Assistant F & B Manager, Opening Hotel Dubai
CatererGlobalThis 5* international hotel chain is looking for an experienced Assistant F&B Manager for the opening of this luxury property mid of 2007. Candidates must have worked in 5* European hotels, have worked with 5* luxury chains and be experienced...more

* Salary:US$ 2’200-2’700 + full expatriate package*
* Job Sector:Catering & Hospitality
* Posted:24/01/2007

*medical, tickets, leave

But since you claim to know so much , perhaps you could let the OP know exactly what's on offer and who is offering it!
Old Jan 27th 2007, 5:03 am
W10

Is F&B not like other industries in Dubai then? Where salary is dependant on nationality?

Also a friend of mine is in F&B at that level and earns about 2,800 a month. I'm sure she would be interested in the jobs with far higher salaries...

Old Jan 27th 2007, 3:37 pm

Ooops I thought she said 200dhs a month
Old Jan 27th 2007, 4:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ooops I thought she said 200dhs a month
sassy, think labourers are paid more than 200 aed (if and when they are paid that is)
Old Jan 28th 2007, 5:16 am

I meant 2000dhs

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.