Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Moving to Dubai in 2nd week Jan

Moving to Dubai in 2nd week Jan

Old Dec 7th 2007, 5:54 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Currently living in Wrexham North Wales, UK but soon to move to Dubai with work.
AndyB123 is a name known to allAndyB123 is a name known to allAndyB123 is a name known to allAndyB123 is a name known to allAndyB123 is a name known to allAndyB123 is a name known to allAndyB123 is a name known to allAndyB123 is a name known to allAndyB123 is a name known to allAndyB123 is a name known to allAndyB123 is a name known to all
Smile Moving to Dubai in 2nd week Jan

Hi All,

Well have finally agreed to the package and the move will take place on or around the 7/8th Jan. The company plan to put me up in a hotel for a few nights, they have sorted me a 3 bed town house on the Springs and so all that remains is to sort out a car and then get to find my way around and start to make friends as the family wont be out till around May/June or so.

So were is a good place to meet fellow brits etc for a drink.

Cheers all,

Andy
Old Dec 7th 2007, 6:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

shiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Moving to Dubai in 2nd week Jan

no replies...hmm- which part of wales did you say?

Originally Posted by AndyB123
Hi All,

Well have finally agreed to the package and the move will take place on or around the 7/8th Jan. The company plan to put me up in a hotel for a few nights, they have sorted me a 3 bed town house on the Springs and so all that remains is to sort out a car and then get to find my way around and start to make friends as the family wont be out till around May/June or so.

Cheers all,

Andy
Old Dec 7th 2007, 7:27 pm
Just Joined

dxbhelp is an unknown quantity at this point

Welcome to the hellhole that is Dubai. Of whores, pimps, drugs, mobs, terrorirst fiancing banks, talebans members on a rest break and so on. Welcome.
Old Dec 7th 2007, 8:51 pm
Family Guy

Barrie is just really niceBarrie is just really niceBarrie is just really niceBarrie is just really niceBarrie is just really niceBarrie is just really niceBarrie is just really niceBarrie is just really niceBarrie is just really niceBarrie is just really niceBarrie is just really nice
Thumbs up Re: Moving to Dubai in 2nd week Jan

Originally Posted by AndyB123
Hi All,

Cheers all,

Andy
I'm so jealous Andy. I wish it was me and my family move to Dubai in Jan.

I am sure that lucrative job I am hunting will turn up soon!!!!

Congratulations.
Old Dec 7th 2007, 10:46 pm
Just Joined

ScottishTony is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dxbhelp
Welcome to the hellhole that is Dubai. Of whores, pimps, drugs, mobs, terrorirst fiancing banks, talebans members on a rest break and so on. Welcome.
Not all happy times for you then.........
Old Dec 8th 2007, 4:03 am
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

Of whores, pimps, drugs, .
well that will do you mate until your family comeout anyway.

sorry thou, there is no outlet that sells inflatable sheep for your sexual pleasures.

Bars to frequent:

1. Jockeys
2. Imperial Suites
3. York International
4. Rattlesnake

please feel free to add.
Old Dec 8th 2007, 5:01 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shiftdelete
no replies...hmm- which part of wales did you say?
no replies...cause the 'regulars' were all on a night out
Old Dec 8th 2007, 5:04 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by arbroath_abroad
well that will do you mate until your family comeout anyway.

sorry thou, there is no outlet that sells inflatable sheep for your sexual pleasures.

Bars to frequent:

1. Jockeys
2. Imperial Suites
3. York International
4. Rattlesnake

please feel free to add.
dear new person...please take no notice...it's nice out here, there are some normal people to be found...really
Old Dec 8th 2007, 5:33 am
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MataHari
dear new person...please take no notice...it's nice out here, there are some normal people to be found...really

Yea but he did ask for fellow Brits..
Old Dec 8th 2007, 5:39 am
hmmmm...nice

Yea but he did ask for fellow Brits..
I take no notice of the whole nationality thing...
Old Dec 8th 2007, 5:51 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

welcome and congrats! nice to hear of a company looking after you so well! not the norm out here to be honest. You will have a ball! there is a little Club on the Lakes Development which is handy for a pint after work
Old Dec 8th 2007, 7:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by MataHari
I take no notice of the whole nationality thing...
Well if you did you would realise that those places are the kind to be frequented by British guys working alone..

hence it was a 'normal' as you put it, reply actually

however, The lakes Club (as BC says) is an ok place for a wee after work pint...

And the krankies drink in there
Old Dec 8th 2007, 8:17 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Well if you did you would realise that those places are the kind to be frequented by British guys working alone..

however, The lakes Club (as BC says) is an ok place for a wee after work pint...

yup and the current caterers are being binned so the menu might be a bit better
Old Dec 8th 2007, 9:48 am
BE Enthusiast

shiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to behold

no people...read his post- he wants to meet up with you guys...reciprocate all ye that are british for the welshman is a coming.
Old Dec 8th 2007, 10:04 am
hmmmm...nice

what I meant was...being Dutch...the whole Welsh/Scots/English/British/Irish/Geordie/North/South/etc type casting is something that has no (or very little) meaning to me...
To me, you are all the same...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.