Moving to Al Ain

Old Jun 20th 2018, 10:07 pm
Just Joined

Jordan99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to Al Ain

Hi all,

I'm moving to Al Ain in August, first time ever going to the middle East and I'm going to be living there for just under a year

accommodation and rent is sorted I would just pay for the costs of living there

any advice or tips on what to do, what to bring. Things to do there etc.
Old Jun 21st 2018, 10:06 am
BE Enthusiast

reddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: Moving to Al Ain

Originally Posted by Jordan99
Hi all,

I'm moving to Al Ain in August, first time ever going to the middle East and I'm going to be living there for just under a year

accommodation and rent is sorted I would just pay for the costs of living there

any advice or tips on what to do, what to bring. Things to do there etc.

It is much quieter than Dubai and Abu Dhabi
https://www.google.ae/search?q=things+to+do+in+al+ain&oq=things+to+do+in +al+ain&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l5.7458j0j8&sourceid=ch rome&ie=UTF-8

If you are from the UK then bring everything as everything is more here expensive than at home.
Old Jun 23rd 2018, 10:00 am
BE Forum Addict

carcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Al Ain

I personally have never been to Al Ain City, but knew many people who lived there. Most quite liked it.

Can you advise where you will be working - "Al Ain" can mean the city or the region, at which case your housing will be in Al Ain City but you could be in for a long daily commute to a village somewhere.
Old Jun 24th 2018, 5:52 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Jordan99
any advice or tips on what to do
Hire a car and drive to AD / Dubai for weekends.
Old Jun 24th 2018, 7:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Bluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really nice

What are your hobbies? Golf, gym, driving, cycling, kayaking, rugby, football, history, art, music, cinema, shopping are all catered for in the garden city.

That being said, the main AA to Dubai road is busy in botg directions at the weekend - Al Ainites heading for a busy city and Dubai folk heading to somewhere a bit more real.

i have quite a few Al Ain based posts on my blog - lived there for 7 years - https://thedesertdiva.com/tag/al-ain/.