Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Moving to Abu Dhabi - a quick intro...

Moving to Abu Dhabi - a quick intro...

Old Mar 16th 2013, 12:36 pm
Forum Regular

SillySod is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to Abu Dhabi - a quick intro...

Hi all,

Moving to Abu Dhabi at the end of them month for about 9 months before heading off to Saudi and thought I would introduce myself...

Going over there to take over my firms (aconsulting engineering company) interests in Saudi, but as mentioned, will initially be based in AD.

Key interests are sailing, rugby, scuba diving and golf, but tend to have a go at anything (although never again will I bungee or sky dive!!).

I'll be coming across unaccompanied and so am keen to get to meet people and check out the social scene.

Ive been advised that the key targets for the social scene are the crown the two meridians, beach rotana and the intercontinental, so if you see a strange bloke that looks like a tight head prop wondering around looking lost, say hi - good chance it's me and I'll reward it with a beer!

Hope to meet some of you soon....

Cheers.
Old Mar 17th 2013, 2:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

al dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Abu Dhabi - a quick intro...

Originally Posted by SillySod
Hi all,

Moving to Abu Dhabi at the end of them month for about 9 months before heading off to Saudi and thought I would introduce myself...

Going over there to take over my firms (aconsulting engineering company) interests in Saudi, but as mentioned, will initially be based in AD.

Key interests are sailing, rugby, scuba diving and golf, but tend to have a go at anything (although never again will I bungee or sky dive!!).

I'll be coming across unaccompanied and so am keen to get to meet people and check out the social scene.

Ive been advised that the key targets for the social scene are the crown the two meridians, beach rotana and the intercontinental, so if you see a strange bloke that looks like a tight head prop wondering around looking lost, say hi - good chance it's me and I'll reward it with a beer!

Cheers.
Good luck. Try http://www.meetup.com/CocktailClub/ for a social events club. I know a few people who joined in an effort to meet people. Otherwise check out timeout for sports clubs etc.
Old Mar 18th 2013, 7:34 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to all

Hi all,

Cheers.
Don't be offering out to many free beers otherwise you will soon be skint!
Old Mar 18th 2013, 7:58 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,

Cheers.
welcome to BE
Old Mar 18th 2013, 3:22 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Blimey, blast from the past...hope all is well