Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Moving to Abu Dhabi

Moving to Abu Dhabi

Old Dec 31st 2014, 10:10 am
Just Joined

happyman11 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to Abu Dhabi

I have just been offered a role in Abu Dhabi which I am looking to take. I am coming over with my wife and 2 wee ones so all very exciting but just looking for some advice

Is it normal/acceptable to negotiate rental prices from what is advertised? I had seen somebody mention this before but the thread was old and was before the rental cap increase was scrapped.

Does anybody have up to date information on either Al Reef or Hydra village? Again I can see some threads on them but they seem a bit more dated. Just wanting to know what people have thought of them and the general facilities etc...

I have looked through the forums and dont think the above has been addressed but please feel free to correct me.

Many thanks for any help and happy new year to one and all

Cheers
Old Dec 31st 2014, 5:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Abu Dhabi

unfortunately its not all rosey in the sandpit.... some people are being told they are getting allowances and money etc cut.. so you need to tread carefully and not go in with an huge figure as you may come unstuck. unfortunately the prices of rents are going up as the rent cap has been taken away, but you need to do your due dilgence... the apartments etc at reef and at hydra village are still quite good relatively and if you dont mind driving nearly to dxb then look at al ghadeer village.... the problem that you will have is schools... long waiting lists and still can be a problem with the younger years especially.