Reload this Page >

Moving to Abu Dhabi

Moving to Abu Dhabi

Old Apr 28th 2012, 2:51 pm
Just Joined

Dunstan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to Abu Dhabi

Hi,

Myself and my partner are considering a complete life upheaval and securing jobs in Abu Dhabi.

We have a new born baby and a dog. Just wondering how dog friendly the place is and whether it's any good for walks and what people do for child care if they're in full time employment?

Old Apr 28th 2012, 3:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Abu Dhabi

Originally Posted by Dunstan
Hi,

Myself and my partner are considering a complete life upheaval and securing jobs in Abu Dhabi.

We have a new born baby and a dog. Just wondering how dog friendly the place is and whether it's any good for walks and what people do for child care if they're in full time employment?

Why Abu Dhabi?
Old Apr 28th 2012, 5:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

Like the blind leading the blind (clue's in the username)

people have dogs here...couples with kids do both work...also a good place for young kids...go for it

good luck
Old May 1st 2012, 5:42 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dunstan
Hi,

Most places are dog friendly - if you take an apartment just check with the Landlord to make sure it's ok. Villa's are of course better for dogs.

Summer isn't the nicest time to walk a dog unless it's very early in the morning. As for child care, you can find full time nanny's - but stick to reputable agencies as a lot of them a glorified maids with little professional child care experience or qualifications. It's better to find a decent job with a good package and have one of you stay at home and look after the little one until they are of nursery age.

N.
Old May 1st 2012, 5:48 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

I give this thread 2/10 for grammar and punctuation.

'Myself' is a reflexive pronoun and stop throwing apostrophes in plurals. (I'm in writing mode today so this is type of thing is really bugging me! )
Old May 2nd 2012, 11:44 am
Just Joined

GypsyCat has a brilliant futureGypsyCat has a brilliant futureGypsyCat has a brilliant futureGypsyCat has a brilliant futureGypsyCat has a brilliant futureGypsyCat has a brilliant futureGypsyCat has a brilliant future

The Middle East isn't very dog friendly in general, especially as a lot of people are pretty scared of dogs. But there are some nice parks in Abu Dhabi, and Al Reef village offers affordable villas with back yards.

As for child care, you can get a live in nanny or you can try a nursery. Although the nurseries tend to have pretty long waiting lists.
Old May 2nd 2012, 12:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

When you say 'partner' do you mean spouse? If you are unmarried with a baby it is going to be very difficult for you to sponsor her and the baby.

Depending on how large/small your dog is will matter. A small dog in an apartment is ok but otherwise you will need to look at villas.
Get a job 1st and then move.
Oh..and I love the fact that you ask about the dog's welfare before the baby care!

Just wondering how dog friendly the place is and whether it's any good for walks and what people do for child care if they're in full time employment?
Old May 2nd 2012, 12:17 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Some/many/most* apartments don't allow dogs. So if you do come out and decide to live in an apartment, ensure that there's no proscription in the lease.

*I don't know the balance between those that do and those that don't, but there are certainly some that don't.