Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Moving 2 Dubai in 3 weeks

Moving 2 Dubai in 3 weeks

Old Nov 1st 2004, 12:45 am
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute
Default Moving 2 Dubai in 3 weeks

Hi guys,
well i have been lucky enough to be offered a job at Internet city and will be leaving the UK in a few days to get everything signed and sealed.
just a few questions, sorry if they have been answered before.
What Bank would you recommend to open an account with...please note that i will need to use them for a mortgage as i want to purchase rather than rent.
Also, what sort of lifestyle can i have on $130,000 per annum ? . Everyone tells me Dubai is very very expensive !!, and need to know if im going to have to compromise my quality of life.

Also, wear is a good place to meet people, i will know no one when i move over.

Thanks in advance!!!!
Old Nov 1st 2004, 2:29 am
Banned

Jellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving 2 Dubai in 3 weeks

Originally Posted by Jammy_Dodgers
Hi guys,
well i have been lucky enough to be offered a job at Internet city and will be leaving the UK in a few days to get everything signed and sealed.
just a few questions, sorry if they have been answered before.
What Bank would you recommend to open an account with...please note that i will need to use them for a mortgage as i want to purchase rather than rent.
Also, what sort of lifestyle can i have on $130,000 per annum ? . Everyone tells me Dubai is very very expensive !!, and need to know if im going to have to compromise my quality of life.

Also, wear is a good place to meet people, i will know no one when i move over.

Thanks in advance!!!!

Dubai is expensive in some departments and cheaper in others. Petrol is cheaper of course and tax free helps. I wouldn't have thought that you would have to compromise your quality of life, obviously that depends on what quality of life you have now.

Tons of places to meet, too many to mention, when you get here I am sure these lot will obligue in a beer or ten with you somewhere and fill you in on the hot spots.