Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Movies that you know will be chopped up...

Movies that you know will be chopped up...

Old Dec 17th 2007, 8:20 pm
Powered by cows

Autonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Movies that you know will be chopped up...

do you go and see them on the big screen'cos you really want to, or do you wait and order from Amazon / the DVD lady?

Answers quick - quite fancy seeing Eastern Promises tomorrow (today to be pedanatic), it'll be cut to ribbons and I'm in two minds whether to bother...

http://www.metacritic.com/film/title...ern%20promises
Old Dec 17th 2007, 9:00 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Movies that you know will be chopped up...

Originally Posted by Autonomy
do you go and see them on the big screen'cos you really want to, or do you wait and order from Amazon / the DVD lady?

Answers quick - quite fancy seeing Eastern Promises tomorrow (today to be pedanatic), it'll be cut to ribbons and I'm in two minds whether to bother...

http://www.metacritic.com/film/title...ern%20promises

Why do you want to see it so much?
Old Dec 17th 2007, 9:14 pm
Powered by cows

Autonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond repute

Because it is by one of the most talented directors currently working, one that has a proven track record of challenging and engaging movies, tight writing, big fully formed charactors and amazing scene setting. The cinematography is meant to be stunning. The lead actors are playing against so-called type and overall the movie has a very strong critical assessment.

This is the kind of film that doesn't appear in the UAE often and should be supported I believe to grow (as SYB mentioned today) the underground. It's a good independent movie. It's a "scene" I've supported and will continue to support daily and for a living too...

I could get in free if I really could be arsed, but that wasn't really this post's point - I just wondered what the feeling of people in general was about seeing a cut movie.

Originally Posted by Eva
Why do you want to see it so much?
Old Dec 17th 2007, 9:24 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Because it is by one of the most talented directors currently working, one that has a proven track record of challenging and engaging movies, tight writing, big fully formed charactors and amazing scene setting. The cinematography is meant to be stunning. The lead actors are playing against so-called type and overall the movie has a very strong critical assessment.

This is the kind of film that doesn't appear in the UAE often and should be supported I believe to grow (as SYB mentioned today) the underground. It's a good independent movie. It's a "scene" I've supported and will continue to support daily and for a living too...

I could get in free if I really could be arsed, but that wasn't really this post's point - I just wondered what the feeling of people in general was about seeing a cut movie.
OK, Auto, tft,-I do not share your love or knowledge- in other words I am ignorant of what you appreciate - about cinema however I will seek this movie out-if only to watch it with the same enthusiasm and awe with which you alert us to it.Hope this hasn't sidetracked your thread....
Good luck.
Old Dec 17th 2007, 9:34 pm
Powered by cows

nice response. I'd love to know what you thought of the movie if you ever do see it - even if you hate it (which of course I'd hope you didn't!)...

Originally Posted by Eva
OK, Auto, tft,-I do not share your love or knowledge- in other words I am ignorant of what you appreciate - about cinema however I will seek this movie out-if only to watch it with the same enthusiasm and awe with which you alert us to it.Hope this hasn't sidetracked your thread....
Good luck.
Old Dec 17th 2007, 9:39 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

nice response. I'd love to know what you thought of the movie if you ever do see it - even if you hate it (which of course I'd hope you didn't!)...
I'll let you know when I do coz I will....
I'm kinda into David Lean stuff....and Moldovar..how's that for a juxtaposition.
So how come if you born in Czec R. you either play tennis or make movies like the Korda's......
Old Dec 17th 2007, 9:48 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Is it Karamasov slightly??Blanco Diablo.....the Aha guy is well suited.Sounds a bit like Dubai don't it-the amelioration of Russina power.....
Don't like the violence...understand why its there.
Old Dec 17th 2007, 9:58 pm