Move to Iran?

Old Dec 10th 2009, 11:19 am
Just Joined

pecos is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Move to Iran?

Joined this forum today as just back from 2nd trip to Iran and seriously considering going to live there. Not a lot of websites about emigrating into Iran - funny that - so thought I might meet people here. Thanks, Pecos - UK
Old Dec 10th 2009, 1:19 pm

Peterfrombournemouth has a brilliant futurePeterfrombournemouth has a brilliant futurePeterfrombournemouth has a brilliant futurePeterfrombournemouth has a brilliant futurePeterfrombournemouth has a brilliant futurePeterfrombournemouth has a brilliant futurePeterfrombournemouth has a brilliant futurePeterfrombournemouth has a brilliant future
Default Re: Move to Iran?

Originally Posted by pecos View Post
Joined this forum today as just back from 2nd trip to Iran and seriously considering going to live there. Not a lot of websites about emigrating into Iran - funny that - so thought I might meet people here. Thanks, Pecos - UK
I wonder why that is ?? You must know something nobody else in the western world knows
Old Dec 10th 2009, 2:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

HumphreyC has a reputation beyond reputeHumphreyC has a reputation beyond reputeHumphreyC has a reputation beyond reputeHumphreyC has a reputation beyond reputeHumphreyC has a reputation beyond reputeHumphreyC has a reputation beyond reputeHumphreyC has a reputation beyond reputeHumphreyC has a reputation beyond reputeHumphreyC has a reputation beyond reputeHumphreyC has a reputation beyond reputeHumphreyC has a reputation beyond repute

Funny that, I was just pondering a move to North Korea. I hear it's delightful at this time of year.
Old Dec 10th 2009, 2:53 pm
Forum Regular

TheDreamer is on a distinguished road

Can you please tell us about your findings in Iran, specially what has attracted you most about the country? Which city would you be moving to?
Old Dec 10th 2009, 6:44 pm
Just Joined

I backpacked thru Iran on my way to India and liked the place very much - beautiful places, nice people.
This year I went for three weeks just for the people.
Iranis/Persians are the most charming, friendly, hospitable, surprising, intelligent, educated, funny, cultured, and lively nation I have ever encountered.
I met other travellers who enjoyed being in Iran and were impressed by the warmth of their reception - but are not coming back. Others - like me - just fell in love with the place.
I suddenly realised that this is where I want to be.
This is why I joined this forum - in the hope of meeting someone who has gone to live permanently/longterm in Iran and the difficulties of so doing. Can't see it neing easy but you never know. It is my first step at research.
Old Dec 10th 2009, 7:22 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

One of the mods is married to an Iranian; I'll page her over here. I haven't seen anyone discussing immigration to Iran on the boards before.
Old Dec 10th 2009, 8:13 pm
Just Joined

Thanks. I don't expect to be part of a flood of immigrants
Old Dec 10th 2009, 8:34 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks. I don't expect to be part of a flood of immigrants
True.
I turned up some interesting stuff with google though. It may be impossible to get a permanent settlement visa. It might be one of those border-run type things, which can make it hard to settle.
I always think a long stay visit is a good idea before making a permanent move anywhere.
Old Dec 11th 2009, 4:15 am
Just Joined

Hmmm. A challenge then. I have a friend who wants me to stay at least for the winters who intimated he could arrange the visa. Soooo interesting!
Old Dec 11th 2009, 6:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Barbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond repute

Pretty much the same discussion is going on here

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=629456

Cheers,

PS. Sorry Pecos just saw your post out there...
Old Dec 11th 2009, 7:35 am
Just Joined

Thank you, Barbitana. Hope springs eternal ......
Old Dec 11th 2009, 7:37 am
Éireann go Brách

Londonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond repute

I backpacked thru Iran on my way to India and liked the place very much - beautiful places, nice people.
This year I went for three weeks just for the people.
Iranis/Persians are the most charming, friendly, hospitable, surprising, intelligent, educated, funny, cultured, and lively nation I have ever encountered.
I met other travellers who enjoyed being in Iran and were impressed by the warmth of their reception - but are not coming back. Others - like me - just fell in love with the place.
I suddenly realised that this is where I want to be.
This is why I joined this forum - in the hope of meeting someone who has gone to live permanently/longterm in Iran and the difficulties of so doing. Can't see it neing easy but you never know. It is my first step at research.
We had loads of Persians in N Vancouver when i lived there. Really nice people. Great celebrations on our main street when they beat the Americans in the world cup. Ooh we laughed.

Pecos... just hire a sail boat from these blokes and you'll get a permanent visa with a small house with free food.

Last edited by Londonuck; Dec 11th 2009 at 7:41 am.
Old Dec 11th 2009, 7:43 am
Just Joined

What great looking guys! tell me more. explain.
Old Dec 11th 2009, 7:47 am
Just Joined

Ah.
OK.
A joke.
Actually I know one of them or used to in London when he was a small boy.
Old Dec 11th 2009, 12:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Barbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: Move to Iran?

Well, it's not the first time for me to hear the word "Iran" followed by NKorea...but hang on a sec there is no internet connection in the DPRK while 25 million active users in Iran (32% of popu.) are usually known as one of the the greatest communities on many social networking websites...N Korea (sadly) is a starved land in these days while Iran is one of the richest counties in the world...and finally can not think of any N Korean "history makers" whereas many "daily" things are around today thanks to Iranian (or Iranian descent) founders e.g. Ebay, medical Alcohol or "the first declaration of human rights 2500 years ago)...am not quite sure who decided for the first time to put these two countries together but really dont see much similarity boys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWwVsKchDWA

Cheers,

PS. Australia is and will be my first country.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.