Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

More Media Bullshit?

More Media Bullshit?

Old Jan 28th 2009, 1:02 pm
Account Closed

Shadya is an unknown quantity at this point
Default More Media Bullshit?

Are we honesly expected to believe that there would not be fatalities when a whole floor collapses on construction workers directly below. It would be nice if only minor injuries were sustained, but extremely doubtful in my view.

http://www.gulfnews.com/nation/Polic.../10279778.html
Old Jan 28th 2009, 2:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: More Media Bullshit?

Originally Posted by Shadya
Are we honesly expected to believe that there would not be fatalities when a whole floor collapses on construction workers directly below. It would be nice if only minor injuries were sustained, but extremely doubtful in my view.

http://www.gulfnews.com/nation/Polic.../10279778.html
I must admit that did cross my mind when I heard it on the radio this afternoon.
Old Jan 29th 2009, 7:52 am
ex-expat

Hello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond repute

while they were pouring concrete, hey? Poor souls.
Old Jan 29th 2009, 8:02 am
Banned

Beard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond repute

i don't think the roof will come down as quick as it was in 9/11 as there are no explosives involve in that !!

it will come down but not that quickly.. maybe they had their time to escape... technically it is not imposible ... but again .. it is not impossible either that media lie about news or fake part of it
Old Jan 30th 2009, 12:25 pm

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beard Man
i don't think the roof will come down as quick as it was in 9/11 as there are no explosives involve in that !!
I see conspiracy theories are alive and well!

N.
Old Jan 30th 2009, 1:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

AnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Norm_uk

N.
If you ask a lot of Arabs, many of them believe the conspiracy theories about the US and Israel creating the 9/11 tragedy as a way to forge against arabs, muslims and anyone that has oil or assets which are not controlled by them already.
Old Jan 31st 2009, 3:40 am
Banned

Beard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond repute

N.

Originally Posted by AnotherWorld
If you ask a lot of Arabs, many of them believe the conspiracy theories about the US and Israel creating the 9/11 tragedy as a way to forge against arabs, muslims and anyone that has oil or assets which are not controlled by them already.

why did UK and US go to Iraq ??

what was the original excuse ??

wasn't it (Weapons of mass destruction) ??????

was it found there???

and about conspiracy just look for it over youtube and you will find many.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7cvjBViV7g
Old Jan 31st 2009, 3:05 pm

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AnotherWorld
Of course they do...they are in complete denial to outsiders that Muslims could do such a thing.

Which is utter rubbish...however, I do feel that the situation was used to boost military spending by invading Iraq which made a lot of people very rich.

Not sure about the oil thing though as a replacement for that is not too far away now and demand for oil has dropped in Western countries as they are getting tired of giving their money to people who fund terrorism.

N.
Old Jan 31st 2009, 3:12 pm
Forum Regular

B Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of light

[QUOTE=Beard Man;7232221]why did UK and US go to Iraq ??

was it found there???

... to remove saddam hussein as a regional threat, hoprfully creating stability wher the native populations seem incapable of doing so. So, do they have all the oil safely back in the US now? Basing reasonable arguments based on youtube is I'm afraid laughable -shall we find some that you find slightly less palatable and don't suit your view of the world?
Old Jan 31st 2009, 4:39 pm
Just Joined

lentils is an unknown quantity at this point

was it found there???

and about conspiracy just look for it over youtube and you will find many.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7cvjBViV7g
9/11 conspiracy theories have been long discredited.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisf...6/comment.film

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisf...nt.september11

Have a read if you need convincing.
Old Jan 31st 2009, 5:51 pm
W10

Originally Posted by B Bear

... to remove saddam hussein as a regional threat, hoprfully creating stability wher the native populations seem incapable of doing so.
That was the official reason?

Old Jan 31st 2009, 6:22 pm
Banned

Of course they do...they are in complete denial to outsiders that Muslims could do such a thing.

Which is utter rubbish...however, I do feel that the situation was used to boost military spending by invading Iraq which made a lot of people very rich.

Not sure about the oil thing though as a replacement for that is not too far away now and demand for oil has dropped in Western countries as they are getting tired of giving their money to people who fund terrorism.

N.
excuse me !!!
Old Jan 31st 2009, 6:24 pm
Banned

[QUOTE=B Bear;7233431]

was it found there???

... to remove saddam hussein as a regional threat, hoprfully creating stability wher the native populations seem incapable of doing so. So, do they have all the oil safely back in the US now? Basing reasonable arguments based on youtube is I'm afraid laughable -shall we find some that you find slightly less palatable and don't suit your view of the world?

you can fool others... but can you fool your self??

as W10 said .. was that the original reason? and i wish you have read my post carefully to find that i asked the same.
Old Feb 1st 2009, 5:19 am
Forum Regular

B Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of light

[QUOTE=Beard Man;7233825]
Originally Posted by B Bear

you can fool others... but can you fool your self??

as W10 said .. was that the original reason? and i wish you have read my post carefully to find that i asked the same.
Regime change was the aim - to stop it going to war with Iran, Kuwait etc again - those wars make Gaza look like a sunday school picnic!. WMD did exist, (and was used albeit against Iraqi citizens). Many of the Iraqi senior commanders believed they had it available to them at the time of the coalition invasion, and called for its use - they were as dissapointed not to find it a the US and UK were. It was not for this simplistic reason alone, though it is a convenient stick to beat the US with.

So is the US swimming in a pool of free oil from Iraq now? - If so why has the price of fuel been so high in the US? - answer please.
Old Feb 1st 2009, 6:58 am
W10

You have a very odd point of view.

WMDs was the stated aim for the invasion. Regime change (for regional stability - when even an idiot could have told them that the opposite was extremely likely) was never mentioned in the build up to the war.

Everyone knew about the WMDs of old (as the US helped get them) but they were used more than a decade previously.

Fact is, the US had planned the war for years, yet had no idea what it was getting into. Strange!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.