Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Mobile Speed Camera

Mobile Speed Camera

Old Jan 6th 2011, 4:31 am
Not an evil hypnotist

typical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mobile Speed Camera

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
under fly over at MOE, outside Wellington School, on flyover at Ranches and one near the Metropolitan Hotel, I am pretty sure there are more than 2. Also there are speed cameras every day on the road that leads from Knowledge Village, parallel to Al Sufouh Road down to the Al Wasl (runs behind Police College)
The road with the Co-Op on it?

That'll be the road I usually drive at 100 down, then... must be going too fast to see the speed cameras
Old Jan 6th 2011, 5:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Bigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud of

There's a 60 limit on the dual carriageway that runs along side the E44 too, where it branches off for the E66 to Al Ain.......
Old Jan 6th 2011, 5:10 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by typical
The road with the Co-Op on it?

That'll be the road I usually drive at 100 down, then... must be going too fast to see the speed cameras
yes and you won't see them cos the sneaky twats hide behind the bin and the trees on the right, you will get a text soon, after you have accrued 3 at least !
Old Jan 6th 2011, 5:10 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bigtaff
There's a 60 limit on the dual carriageway that runs along side the E44 too, where it branches off for the E66 to Al Ain.......
don't do street numbers, has it got any buildings on it?
Old Jan 6th 2011, 5:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Bigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud of

don't do street numbers, has it got any buildings on it?
No hun, its just a dual carriageway. The E44 is Al Khail road and the E66 is the main route to Al Ain.
Old Jan 6th 2011, 5:27 am
Concierge

No hun, its just a dual carriageway. The E44 is Al Khail road and the E66 is the main route to Al Ain.
I know the one, where the Dubai Outlet mall is
Old Jan 6th 2011, 5:36 am
BE Enthusiast

I know the one, where the Dubai Outlet mall is
Yeah, thats the 66. The dual carriageway I'm referring to has no buildings on it and is before you leave the 44 for the 66. Its only 1k long or so.
Old Jan 6th 2011, 5:39 am
Concierge

Yeah, thats the 66. The dual carriageway I'm referring to has no buildings on it and is before you leave the 44 for the 66. Its only 1k long or so.
I know where you mean, it is like the the one that goes from Al Khail to the Ranches which I think is 70 km?
Old Jan 6th 2011, 5:41 am
BE Enthusiast

I know where you mean, it is like the the one that goes from Al Khail to the Ranches which I think is 70 km?
Could be. Either way, its a ridiculously low speed! Plus they have some new multi-camera unit fitted there (a grey tower with 2 or cameras in it, facing different directions) so I keep to what the sign says to be sure!
Old Jan 6th 2011, 6:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

Do tehy actually have speed signs anywhere- like 30 or 60 or 100- I can't say I've ever noticed any anywhere
Old Jan 6th 2011, 6:59 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by kittycat1
Do tehy actually have speed signs anywhere- like 30 or 60 or 100- I can't say I've ever noticed any anywhere
oh yes, all over the place but they are normally ignored, the new Bridge at the Greens in 40 kms an hour, no one does 40 on it, me included, but my eyes are wide open for cameras!
Old Jan 6th 2011, 10:35 am
Not an evil hypnotist

typical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond repute

yes and you won't see them cos the sneaky twats hide behind the bin and the trees on the right, you will get a text soon, after you have accrued 3 at least !
Ah last time I went down there fast was a Friday morning three months ago, hopefully before they started

Police site reports no fines by either licence number or plate... I'm still hoping to leave this place without ever having been caught speeding.
Old Jan 6th 2011, 10:38 am
Not an evil hypnotist

Originally Posted by kittycat1
Yes - some of them are split with both 'our' and 'their' numbers on them, e.g. 60 / ٦٠.
Old Jan 6th 2011, 10:39 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by typical
Ah last time I went down there fast was a Friday morning three months ago, hopefully before they started

Police site reports no fines by either licence number or plate... I'm still hoping to leave this place without ever having been caught speeding.
my first fines after 14 years, was gutted