Mobile phones in dubai

Mobile phones in dubai

Old Aug 12th 2013, 6:06 am
Just Joined

Angp1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Mobile phones in dubai

Do they have contacts or pay as you go any advice on mobiles will be great
Thanks

Last edited by Angp1; Aug 12th 2013 at 6:33 am.
Old Aug 12th 2013, 6:27 am
Forum Regular

Robajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud of
Default Re: Mobile phones in dubai

Both Pay as You Go and Contract are avaialable, from either Du or Etisalat.

Just google theses companies and you can find out all about the rates etc.

FWIW I think they're both pretty rubbish, but Du is probably the better one. Anyone else have an opinion on which is the best provider?

Someone will be along shortly to take the piss out of your spelling.....
Old Aug 12th 2013, 6:52 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

They are both shit as they are both the same company! They only brought out Du to try and divert the attention away from Etisalat being a monopoly.

I'm on Epissalat and my Mrs is on Du, she has more phone related rage than I do.... just.

Much of a muchness TBH. Du is apparently better for roaming tho.

As for contract or pay as you go, both are common. I was always on a contract in the UK but I don't trust em here and have been PAYG for 7 years now and it's no biggie.
Old Aug 12th 2013, 6:57 am
Just Joined

Angp1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks
Old Aug 12th 2013, 7:08 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

Du and Etisalat are owned by the same company? I thought Etisalat was owned by Abu Dhabi government and Du by Dubai's.

I live and learn.
Old Aug 12th 2013, 7:25 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Robajob
Both Pay as You Go and Contract are avaialable, from either Du or Etisalat.

Just google theses companies and you can find out all about the rates etc.

FWIW I think they're both pretty rubbish, but Du is probably the better one. Anyone else have an opinion on which is the best provider?

Someone will be along shortly to take the piss out of your spelling.....
Grammar, or rather the lack of.

Haven't Du just hiked their prices? I checked - they have for landlines and broadband.

http://www.thenational.ae/business/t...as-bills-hiked
Old Aug 12th 2013, 7:35 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Meow

Haven't Du just hiked their prices? I checked - they have for landlines and broadband.

You didn't see the original un-edited post Meow, you'd have had a field day.
Old Aug 12th 2013, 7:42 am
Forum Regular

Robajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Meow

Yes, my tv, phone and internet package has gone up by 60 dibs a month

No idea about mobiles though.....
Old Aug 12th 2013, 7:42 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kix
You didn't see the original un-edited post Meow, you'd have had a field day.

I'd be twitching, would I?

Don't upset me with such things. I'm still a non-smoker and want to remain that way.
Old Aug 12th 2013, 8:59 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kix
Du and Etisalat are owned by the same company? I thought Etisalat was owned by Abu Dhabi government and Du by Dubai's.

I live and learn.
Maybe I have that wrong then... Although I'm sure that's what I had heard.

Either way, they are probably related in some way.... all the family's are.... as a gene pool it must be limited to say the least!
Old Aug 12th 2013, 2:17 pm
Forum Regular

AppleMac is an unknown quantity at this point

I've been with both outfits both on PAYG and contract - not much to choose between them tbh, although I would never have another contract with either of them.