Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Mixed Sharing Accommodation - What's the score??

Mixed Sharing Accommodation - What's the score??

Old Oct 10th 2005, 5:35 am
Forum Regular

Vicious B will become famous soon enough
Default Mixed Sharing Accommodation - What's the score??

I'm sure this has been asked many a time before, but I can't find any threads on it so i'm gonna have to ask again!

Are guys and girls allowed to share housing in Dubai? I'm totally confused! (I'm not talking about couples living together)... please help because everyone I speak to says something different!
Old Oct 10th 2005, 6:02 am
Forum Regular

NooNoo has much to be proud ofNooNoo has much to be proud ofNooNoo has much to be proud ofNooNoo has much to be proud ofNooNoo has much to be proud ofNooNoo has much to be proud ofNooNoo has much to be proud ofNooNoo has much to be proud ofNooNoo has much to be proud ofNooNoo has much to be proud ofNooNoo has much to be proud of
Default Re: Mixed Sharing Accommodation - What's the score??

Originally Posted by Vicious B
I'm sure this has been asked many a time before, but I can't find any threads on it so i'm gonna have to ask again!

Are guys and girls allowed to share housing in Dubai? I'm totally confused! (I'm not talking about couples living together)... please help because everyone I speak to says something different!
Hi there - by law it is illegal but I know loads of people who share villas with the opposite sex (me being one of them) - so far I haven't heard of anyone being thrown in Jail for doing it!! I wouldn't let it stress you out buddy - live where you like
Old Oct 10th 2005, 6:52 am
A Natural Blonde

Zannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond repute

I'm guessing it's probably illegal in principle, but as long as it's not broadcasted from the rooftops, it'll probably be fine. We have a similar set-up next door to us, and they have never had any problems. So go for it! Will you be having a moving-in party!!

Zannie x
Old Oct 10th 2005, 7:03 am

Welivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond repute

I think it's like a lot of things here, bascially by the letter of the law illegal but accepted as long as you don't blatantly flout it.
Old Oct 10th 2005, 7:23 am
Banned

CasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Welivehere
I think it's like a lot of things here, bascially by the letter of the law illegal but accepted as long as you don't blatantly flout it.

Like Alcohol its Illegaly drunk but legaly sold!
Old Oct 10th 2005, 7:54 am

Heart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond repute

On the odd occasion, sharing does not work!
Old Oct 10th 2005, 8:11 am
Forum Regular

NooNoo has much to be proud ofNooNoo has much to be proud ofNooNoo has much to be proud ofNooNoo has much to be proud ofNooNoo has much to be proud ofNooNoo has much to be proud ofNooNoo has much to be proud ofNooNoo has much to be proud ofNooNoo has much to be proud ofNooNoo has much to be proud ofNooNoo has much to be proud of

Ain't that the truth!!! Have heard some horror stories! As long as you know the people you're living with - and get your ground rules sorted you should be fine. There's nothing worse than living with people who's working, partying and drinking habits differ too much from yours!

Someone doing this next to someone trying to = :scared: LOL!!!!
Old Oct 10th 2005, 8:59 am

Heart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NooNoo
Ain't that the truth!!! Have heard some horror stories! As long as you know the people you're living with - and get your ground rules sorted you should be fine. There's nothing worse than living with people who's working, partying and drinking habits differ too much from yours!

Someone doing this next to someone trying to = :scared: LOL!!!!

I Know just what you mean!
Old Oct 10th 2005, 9:39 am
W10

I currently share with two women...it's a nightmare

Old Oct 10th 2005, 9:39 am
Banned

CasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond repute

What does B stands for in your nick?
Old Oct 10th 2005, 9:41 am
Banned

Originally Posted by W10
I currently share with two women...it's a nightmare

Actually women they don't get along very well if they share an house! Always they will try to TAKE AWAY the boyfriends of the other,, its like a war between them.

Don't ask me why! Bcoz i dont know.
Old Oct 10th 2005, 9:53 am
Forum Regular

Vicious B will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by CasaNova
What does B stands for in your nick?
stands for b*tch...vicious b*tch, my dj name
Old Oct 10th 2005, 9:56 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by CasaNova
Actually women they don't get along very well if they share an house! Always they will try to TAKE AWAY the boyfriends of the other,, its like a war between them.

Don't ask me why! Bcoz i dont know.
Thats just women in Dubai in general I think!!! - Why is it that normal, lovely, sane women land here in Dubai and within months turn into gold digging, two faced 'people' (really wanted to say something else then) you would have no desire or reason to associate with? Hmmm, have been here too long I think - seen it happen to too many people. There - thats my bitch for the day!! For those who have met the loves of their lives here and are happy then I take my hat off to you all - it's very rare and you are very lucky!!
Old Oct 10th 2005, 10:04 am
Banned

Originally Posted by NooNoo
Thats just women in Dubai in general I think!!! - Why is it that normal, lovely, sane women land here in Dubai and within months turn into gold digging, two faced 'people' (really wanted to say something else then) you would have no desire or reason to associate with? Hmmm, have been here too long I think - seen it happen to too many people. There - thats my bitch for the day!! For those who have met the loves of their lives here and are happy then I take my hat off to you all - it's very rare and you are very lucky!!

My sentiments, This has happened to me.

I have never lost a Game in my life but I have lost in the Game of Love and that is because I wasn't in Control.
Old Oct 10th 2005, 10:07 am
Banned

stands for b*tch...vicious b*tch, my dj name

So are you a Dj?

I am a Dj as well... that is in my Car.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.