Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Mitsubishi Lancer 1.3

Mitsubishi Lancer 1.3

Old Feb 18th 2007, 11:25 am
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute
Default Mitsubishi Lancer 1.3

I ****ing hate them.

FACT
Old Feb 18th 2007, 11:41 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mitsubishi Lancer 1.3

Had one for a week last year, nothing like them to get the adrenalin going when trying to accelerate onto the Arabian Ranches roundabout.
Old Feb 18th 2007, 11:42 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jammy_Dodgers
I ****ing hate them.

FACT
too powerfull for you....
Old Feb 18th 2007, 11:53 am
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MataHari
too powerfull for you....
A) My mini-moto is almost supersonic in comparison.
In fact i got out of the Lancer to take the bike out for a spin in Barsha, and the difference was unreal, it felt so much faster i thought i was going to bend space and time.

B)Try parking a silver Mitsubishi at the airport or mall, then find the right one again when you come back...nigh on impossible.

C) Crap build quality. the bodywork is so thin that supermodels are envious.

D) Because EVERYONE knows its a hire car, they treat you like a tourist/newbie and never let you out, cut you up and deliberatly sit on your tailgate knowing that you cannot go faster that 80kph

The only good thing about it,.............is that its really good on fuel
Old Feb 18th 2007, 11:58 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

A) My mini-moto is almost supersonic in comparison.
In fact i got out of the Lancer to take the bike out for a spin in Barsha, and the difference was unreal, it felt so much faster i thought i was going to bend space and time.

B)Try parking a silver Mitsubishi at the airport or mall, then find the right one again when you come back...nigh on impossible.

C) Crap build quality. the bodywork is so thin that supermodels are envious.

D) Because EVERYONE knows its a hire car, they treat you like a tourist/newbie and never let you out, cut you up and deliberatly sit on your tailgate knowing that you cannot go faster that 80kph

The only good thing about it,.............is that its really good on fuel
I know what you mean, had the same experience with a white Nissan Sunny a couple of weeks ago when my Wrangler was at the garage to have a bodylift....I felt very insignificant driving it, like you say, you get treated like you're invisible...the petrol lasted for 2 weeks though...
Old Feb 18th 2007, 1:59 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

out of interest what petrol consumption do most of you get and what do you drive?? i got a pajero and got 400 kms out of a full tank before the light came on.
Old Feb 18th 2007, 2:03 pm
MJC
Lost in BE Cyberspace

MJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
out of interest what petrol consumption do most of you get and what do you drive?? i got a pajero and got 400 kms out of a full tank before the light came on.
280 in a discovery that costs 120 to fill!

That's not good, but it does have a stonking V8!
Old Feb 18th 2007, 2:05 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

mine is a v6 3 L so I am doing ok then!!! that seems pricey!
Old Feb 18th 2007, 2:08 pm
MJC
Lost in BE Cyberspace

MJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond repute

mine is a v6 3 L so I am doing ok then!!! that seems pricey!
Well i couldn't afford to run it in the UK..
Old Feb 18th 2007, 2:09 pm
Concierge

me neither, that is why I am enjoying every minute of having one here!!! god knows what I would have if I was in the UK.
Old Feb 18th 2007, 2:40 pm
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

I ****ing hate them.

FACT
Yup been there, done that, hated every minute.
Although i did take it back to diamond lease absolutely trashed so i got some satisfaction. Had three crashes in two months and I was stationary at lights each and every time, three green slips so no loss of deposit, the inspection guys face was a sight to behold. A classic intro to Dubai driving.
What got me was that when you put your foot down it gets louder but no faster. How they every got the evo series out of that I'll never know.
Old Feb 18th 2007, 2:42 pm
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

You can get about 490km out of a Paj 3.0 (if you drive steadily)before you run out and have to walk
Old Feb 18th 2007, 2:51 pm
Concierge

my husband says that but I fill up as soon as the light goes on!
Old Feb 18th 2007, 2:52 pm
**** it we'll do it live

my husband says that but I fill up as soon as the light goes on!
I do that now !!!
Old Feb 18th 2007, 2:57 pm
Concierge

lol! that won't happen to me! you could have ruined the engine!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.