Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Missing in Dubai - timmy maccoll, sailor

Missing in Dubai - timmy maccoll, sailor

Old Jun 21st 2012, 12:39 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Missing in Dubai - timmy maccoll, sailor

Originally Posted by Kix
Gets better, the British Navy offered assistance with a more thorough search of the docks but dubai police turned the offer down!
I see via the FB page that the family have arrived back in Dubai today, Scamp you will meet them tomorrow at the vigil they are going to be there. Though why you send a pregnant woman here, when her husband is missing is beyond me.
Old Jun 21st 2012, 12:56 pm
Just Joined

Cee James is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
Though why you send a pregnant woman here, when her husband is missing is beyond me.
The heat, the stress, the memories.....not ideal, but maybe she just wants to feel she's doing something closer to Timmy rather than sitting at home waiting.
Old Jun 21st 2012, 1:17 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cee James
The heat, the stress, the memories.....not ideal, but maybe she just wants to feel she's doing something closer to Timmy rather than sitting at home waiting.
Without wishing to offend, I'd suggest that this would have been better a few weeks ago.

I'd also suggest that a vigil is more for the benefit of those attending it than for the missing man...
Old Jun 21st 2012, 2:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

LaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
Without wishing to offend, I'd suggest that this would have been better a few weeks ago.

I'd also suggest that a vigil is more for the benefit of those attending it than for the missing man...
I have felt that about most of what has been done so far, I am afraid

And for the record, I am also 6 months pregnant and if my husband went missing, I would be on the next plane out to wherever he had last been seen. I don't understand the level of complacency in this case.
Old Jun 21st 2012, 2:32 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LaLaLayla
I have felt that about most of what has been done so far, I am afraid

And for the record, I am also 6 months pregnant and if my husband went missing, I would be on the next plane out to wherever he had last been seen. I don't understand the level of complacency in this case.
the problem is they had faith in the Royal Navy and the authorities here
Old Jun 21st 2012, 3:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

LaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond repute

the problem is they had faith in the Royal Navy and the authorities here
Do they still, do you think?
Old Jun 21st 2012, 4:00 pm
Just Joined

Cee James is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by LaLaLayla
Do they still, do you think?
Probably not as much as they did. Thing is in this situation, you must be told "We're doing all we can...there's nothing you can do....leave it to us". And you sit and wait. And wait. Awful.
Old Jun 22nd 2012, 6:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cee James
Probably not as much as they did. Thing is in this situation, you must be told "We're doing all we can...there's nothing you can do....leave it to us". And you sit and wait. And wait. Awful.
BUT... they were also told, over and over again by a lot of longterm expats...."come out now, don't rely on the authorutues, it doesn't work as it does in the UK"
Old Jun 22nd 2012, 8:04 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned
BUT... they were also told, over and over again by a lot of longterm expats...."come out now, don't rely on the authorutues, it doesn't work as it does in the UK"
well we couldn't have given better advice it's a shame it was ignored, however my gut feeling is that it may well have not made a difference.
Old Jun 23rd 2012, 3:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

well we couldn't have given better advice it's a shame it was ignored, however my gut feeling is that it may well have not made a difference.
Possibly not BC, but they may have found answers sooner or at the very least made sure that the correct picture was being circulated!!
Old Jun 23rd 2012, 9:26 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

No news from The National

http://www.thenational.ae/news/uae-n...-wife-in-dubai
Old Jun 23rd 2012, 11:08 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

The daily Record seem to give more information.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/sc...6908-23896876/
Old Jun 23rd 2012, 11:20 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by britexpat76
The daily Record seem to give more information.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/sc...6908-23896876/
A hell of a lot more information in fact!
Old Jun 23rd 2012, 12:55 pm
Perky but sarky

lullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kix
A hell of a lot more information in fact!
It's much more important for the national to give over two small paragraphs on how happy everybody is with the authorities in Dubai...
Old Jun 23rd 2012, 12:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

al dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lullabelle
It's much more important for the national to give over two small paragraphs on how happy everybody is with the authorities in Dubai...
Indeed. The editor is driven by keeping his job rather than a compulsion to report the truth.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.