Reload this Page >

Missing Dubai after skip

Missing Dubai after skip

Old Dec 14th 2010, 9:22 am
Just Joined

JenInDubai is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Missing Dubai after skip

Hi All,
Just wondering if there is anyone else out there that has left Dubai and finding it hard back home?
My husband and I were there for 4 1/2 and I loved it. Our son was born there too.
Unfortunately though my husband had such bad luck with salary from his employers and wasn't getting paid. We had no savings and had to skip; leaving car at airport etc. I am gutted. Been back home for a month now and its cold and rubbish. Living with family until hubby gets a new job a few months salary to be able to rent. He left debt here which will catch up with us and left an orrendous amount in Dubai. Didn't want to, but can't risk the jail sentance out there. Had to leave my Dad in jail there, whose company went down the pan, so he is proper screwed. Can't see him getting out for a long long time. And now I can't ever go back. Finding it really tough as I didn't want to leave : ( Its difficult talking to Hubby about it as he already feels bad enough, so wondering if anyone else is in the same boat?
Old Dec 14th 2010, 9:32 am
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Missing Dubai after skip

You're never going back to Dubai.

Get used to it.

But life still goes on. Forget Dubai and focus on the future.

Don't worry about your Dubai debt at the moment. It can't touch you in the UK. Concentrate on finding jobs (both of you) and getting yourself reestablished. You may not like ol' blighty but you better be thankful that you now live in a place with free healthcare and schooling and where you won't get tossed into jail.

Originally Posted by JenInDubai
Hi All,
Just wondering if there is anyone else out there that has left Dubai and finding it hard back home?
My husband and I were there for 4 1/2 and I loved it. Our son was born there too.
Unfortunately though my husband had such bad luck with salary from his employers and wasn't getting paid. We had no savings and had to skip; leaving car at airport etc. I am gutted. Been back home for a month now and its cold and rubbish. Living with family until hubby gets a new job a few months salary to be able to rent. He left debt here which will catch up with us and left an orrendous amount in Dubai. Didn't want to, but can't risk the jail sentance out there. Had to leave my Dad in jail there, whose company went down the pan, so he is proper screwed. Can't see him getting out for a long long time. And now I can't ever go back. Finding it really tough as I didn't want to leave : ( Its difficult talking to Hubby about it as he already feels bad enough, so wondering if anyone else is in the same boat?
Old Dec 14th 2010, 9:55 am
Forum Regular

RedRoar75 is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't envy you.. sorry, I don't mean to sound harsh but this is the second time you guys have left debt - what's your hubby playing at? Dubai - I can see how it happens but sounds like he did the same thing in the UK?

As Ethos said - it's over for you guys now, best just to knuckle down and get your head above water. Sounds like you've lived beyond your means in 2 countries, so perhaps a period of abstinence is in order.

Tough break about your dad, hope there's some hope for him.
Old Dec 14th 2010, 9:55 am
Just Joined

Don't get me wrong, I am thankful! The system in Dubai is totally screwed up and you have no rights at all.

Your right, life does go on and we are getting ourselves sorted. I was just wondering if anyone else is finding the readjustment hard, thats all.
Old Dec 14th 2010, 9:58 am
Just Joined

PS Yes, Hubby has some past debt before I met him, and clearly has a problem with controlling money. Whilst we were in Dubai we were paying all bills whilst we were being paid, and would have continued to do so, but had nothing to fall back on if we didn't get salary. I control the finances in the house now as I just can't go through it again.
Old Dec 14th 2010, 10:00 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All,
It must be tough, and it's a hard lesson to learn but debt and Dubai do not mix, everything happens for a reason though and it will all work itself out in the end. Is your Dad in jail here in the UAE? does he have any visitors etc?
Old Dec 14th 2010, 12:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
It must be tough, and it's a hard lesson to learn but debt and Dubai do not mix, everything happens for a reason though and it will all work itself out in the end. Is your Dad in jail here in the UAE? does he have any visitors etc?
it is safe to assume that the old fella won't be getting a visit from his son in law.

how much does everyone owe? any means to pay the old fella's debts?

The UK in winter is a god awful place, but remember spring is only 3 months away and it'll be awesome.
Old Dec 14th 2010, 12:49 pm
Forum Regular

Perhaps the hubby should get over to Qatar/Oz. Get a loan, get the old fella's debts paid off and then skip. In for a penny, in for a pound.
Old Dec 14th 2010, 6:10 pm
need a new teeshirt

heartofdarkness is a jewel in the roughheartofdarkness is a jewel in the roughheartofdarkness is a jewel in the roughheartofdarkness is a jewel in the rough

Sorry..but this sure sounds like a windup.
Old Dec 14th 2010, 7:15 pm
Just Joined

Yes, I spent 10mins writing this for a wind up...?!

Seriously, what a silly thing to say!
Old Dec 16th 2010, 6:42 am
Forum Regular

irich is just really niceirich is just really niceirich is just really niceirich is just really niceirich is just really niceirich is just really niceirich is just really niceirich is just really niceirich is just really niceirich is just really niceirich is just really nice

How much do you owe?

What prison is your dad in?
Old Dec 16th 2010, 6:54 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Don't get me wrong, I am thankful! The system in Dubai is totally screwed up and you have no rights at all.

Your right, life does go on and we are getting ourselves sorted. I was just wondering if anyone else is finding the readjustment hard, thats all.
Yeah , i bet the thought of not having brunch is driving you crazy.....!
Old Dec 16th 2010, 2:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

seven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond repute

Wow- when did everyone graduate from the Institute of Harpie Studies?
The Graeae sisters must be so proud of you!!!

Here's someone who's in trouble. A couple of missed payments and any of us could be in exactly the same situation. Who could not see this possibly happening to them?

A bitter ex, a nasty landlord, a vicious HR dept at their employer... it doesn't take much.
Old Dec 16th 2010, 3:45 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by seven seas

Here's someone who's in trouble. A couple of missed payments and any of us could be in exactly the same situation. Who could not see this possibly happening to them?

A bitter ex, a nasty landlord, a vicious HR dept at their employer... it doesn't take much.
Twice?
Old Dec 16th 2010, 5:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by seven seas

Not for me Ethos , i've never been anywhere that i didn't have my accom , transport , flights , medical , comms , bonus paid.

Wouldn't entertain it mate , the Gulf is not a lifestyle choice , it's a money choice end of story.....

Those who think it's different are Fu**ing stupid.......

Last edited by co durham boy; Dec 16th 2010 at 5:15 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.