British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Mirdif (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/mirdif-605781/)

mikeleavingoz Apr 27th 2009 9:04 am

Mirdif

Hi, looking for approximate prices to rent a room in a 3-4 bedroom villa in mirdif. (Sharing). Don't mind if its uptown or out near the tripoli st/algeria end.
Just want to know updated prices estimations with change to the rental markets. Not being given much cash from employer so wanan know if its do able. As it is a priority of mine to find accom in the next couple of months.
Cheers.

MataHari Apr 27th 2009 9:09 am

Re: Mirdif

I'll have a look in Spinneys later to see if there's anything on the notice board if you like...

mikeleavingoz Apr 27th 2009 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 7518250)
I'll have a look in Spinneys later to see if there's anything on the notice board if you like...

That would be great, thanks.

Also, was speaking to someone today who told me 'sharing' was now legal which i didn't know. Will be interested to see prices, or hear from anyone recently moved into a shared villa there and how it goes etc.

lionheart Apr 27th 2009 1:14 pm

How about your very own studio apartment in glamorous International City for only AED35,000 per year?

MataHari Apr 27th 2009 1:20 pm

Originally Posted by mikeleavingoz (Post 7518874)
That would be great, thanks.

Also, was speaking to someone today who told me 'sharing' was now legal which i didn't know. Will be interested to see prices, or hear from anyone recently moved into a shared villa there and how it goes etc.

there's one ad up for a room in a villa, 5000 dhs per month, and one for a 1 bedroom apartment in Uptown, 6500 but that only shortterm from May - Aug

mikeleavingoz Apr 27th 2009 1:30 pm

[QUOTE=MataHari;7518907]there's one ad up for a room in a villa, 5000 dhs per month, and one for a 1 bedroom apartment in Uptown, 6500 but that only shortterm from May - Aug[/QUOTE

ok so between 4-5k p month is the going rate for a shared villa.. hmm...I think my allowance covers the lower end of that, 48kpa, so it might be doable.

i'll keep my eye out on that board too. How does the arrangement work with rent sharing and payment then? Pay the person who has the tenancy agreement with the owner. With people leaving i might be hopping around a bit.

in regards to international city, don't know much about it. but i am lookin to meet more single ppl in dubai and get out and do more, so sharing a villa would be more preferable to a studio.

thanks for the figures.

typical Apr 27th 2009 2:12 pm

Unless there's a particular reason to limit yourself to villas, look at shared apartments too... plenty around in the Marina these days, and you'd probably find something at 4k now rental prices are coming down.

mikeleavingoz Apr 27th 2009 2:52 pm

Originally Posted by typical (Post 7519028)
Unless there's a particular reason to limit yourself to villas, look at shared apartments too... plenty around in the Marina these days, and you'd probably find something at 4k now rental prices are coming down.

thanks for the heads up...
yeah the thing is that I am working in Sharjah, near the Institute of technology.
If i go for Mirdif, getting to and from work is really easy.
Would love to be out on Marina side, but impossible :)