Men on ExpatWoman

Old Mar 19th 2008, 2:23 pm
Just Joined

LondonDad is just really niceLondonDad is just really niceLondonDad is just really niceLondonDad is just really niceLondonDad is just really niceLondonDad is just really niceLondonDad is just really niceLondonDad is just really niceLondonDad is just really niceLondonDad is just really niceLondonDad is just really nice
Default Men on ExpatWoman

I recently joined ExpatWoman with the sole purpose of voicing my opinion. Basically, a children's play area introduced membership fees and everyone started abusing the place.

Now I love the place and consider it to be paradise for my kids, so I joined the forum to try and put forward logical reasons for why the membership thing might have been started and why it could actually be beneficial to us.

In turn, I got attacked left right & centre.

I just wanted to know if any other men made the mistake of signing up at ExpatWoman and then ran for their lives (as i did) or did I just make the mistake of opposing the common view of its members?
Old Mar 19th 2008, 2:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Men on ExpatWoman

we don't tend to do the forum war thing on here...bad form...

oh, and if it's favourite things, then i think the membership thing is a stupid idea, it was empty before, now it must be even worse...

MM, xx
Old Mar 19th 2008, 2:28 pm
Just Joined

LondonDad is just really niceLondonDad is just really niceLondonDad is just really niceLondonDad is just really niceLondonDad is just really niceLondonDad is just really niceLondonDad is just really niceLondonDad is just really niceLondonDad is just really niceLondonDad is just really niceLondonDad is just really nice

Lol! I wasn't intending on doing any forum war thing...

Maybe me and forums just don't match.
Old Mar 19th 2008, 2:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LondonDad
Lol! I wasn't intending on doing any forum war thing...

Maybe me and forums just don't match.
noooo...seriously londondad...i'm sure you will enjoy it on here, it's very very different. Stick around, just avoid posts on maids, schools...and, apparently, kids play areas, lol...

MM, xx
Old Mar 19th 2008, 2:34 pm
Just Joined

I guess i'll give it a chance.

One question though... how do you avoid the addiction? Once i started at ExpatWoman, I didn't want to stop. I ended up spending 2 hours on something i thought would take 5 minutes.

In the end, I had to take one member's advice, which was "run for your life!".
Old Mar 19th 2008, 2:34 pm
Just Joined

Actually, with 9,798 posts, you might be the wrong person to ask!
Old Mar 19th 2008, 2:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I guess i'll give it a chance.

One question though... how do you avoid the addiction? Once i started at ExpatWoman, I didn't want to stop. I ended up spending 2 hours on something i thought would take 5 minutes.

In the end, I had to take one member's advice, which was "run for your life!".
hahahahah...just look at my post count...i clearly don't avoid the addiction!!!

MM, xx
Old Mar 19th 2008, 2:48 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Actually, with 9,798 posts, you might be the wrong person to ask!
talk to me...
Old Mar 19th 2008, 2:54 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by MataHari
talk to me...
Cor blimey!
Old Mar 19th 2008, 2:56 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Cor blimey!
yeah...that's what they all say
Old Mar 19th 2008, 2:59 pm

ScotsExpat is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah...that's what they all say
lol.......
Old Mar 19th 2008, 3:03 pm
hmmmm...nice

Originally Posted by ScotsExpat
lol.......
trust you to see this post...
Old Mar 19th 2008, 3:05 pm

ScotsExpat is an unknown quantity at this point

trust you to see this post...
Sorry, MH couldnt resist. And I am sure you have missed my wit whilst I was away in the colonies....
Old Mar 19th 2008, 3:06 pm
hmmmm...nice

Originally Posted by ScotsExpat
Sorry, MH couldnt resist. And I am sure you have missed my wit whilst I was away in the colonies....
have we met...
Old Mar 19th 2008, 3:08 pm
Just Joined

By the way... before I disappear back to work... I thought to just introduce myself.

I'm a 28 year old dad with 3 kids. I was born and raised in London and moved over here about 2 years ago. I live in Sharjah.

That's about it really.

Any chance of getting short bios from you all?

Last edited by LondonDad; Mar 19th 2008 at 3:12 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.