Reload this Page >

Meeting new friends in Abu Dhabi/Yas Island

Meeting new friends in Abu Dhabi/Yas Island

Old Mar 31st 2013, 7:35 pm
Just Joined

l_bizzle is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Meeting new friends in Abu Dhabi/Yas Island

Hi expats,

I'm new to the forum but hoping I can gain some knowledge here for my close friend who's just moved to Abu Dhabi for work. I'm going out to visit next week and hoping that I might be able to help her go out and meet people/join a club or something because she's finding it hard to settle and doesn't know much apart the social life around for young professionals.

Any advice or suggestions much appreciated!!
Old Apr 1st 2013, 7:25 am
BE Enthusiast

DOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Meeting new friends in Abu Dhabi/Yas Island

Im not too clued up about Abu Dhabi itself but ive stayed on Yas island a few times and im due to spend another month there shortly

The top two bars i tend to go to are stills bar(in the crowne plaza)and Y bar(in the rotana) Both great bars and quite different. The stills bar is european based and i suppose good if you want a slice of home. Food is not too badly priced in there either and normally pretty decent

Stars and bars is a good shout for food and a few beers after work. Nice location as well

In abu dhabi i find the yacht club(intercon) and Bauhaus(beach rotana)both fantastic bars. The yacht club is great for views and the bauhaus is great for food and german beers

Clubs and social clubs i really cant help you im afraid but i find in the UAE the best place to meet people are in bars. Sad i know but it just seems to be the way here. Also i dont actually live in AD so there hasnt been much point in trying to find clubs

Ask her to pick up TimeOut Abu Dhabi. Normally full of info on these things
Old Apr 1st 2013, 7:46 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RyanC
Im not too clued up about Abu Dhabi itself but ive stayed on Yas island a few times and im due to spend another month there shortly

The top two bars i tend to go to are stills bar(in the crowne plaza)and Y bar(in the rotana) Both great bars and quite different. The stills bar is european based and i suppose good if you want a slice of home. Food is not too badly priced in there either and normally pretty decent

Stars and bars is a good shout for food and a few beers after work. Nice location as well

In abu dhabi i find the yacht club(intercon) and Bauhaus(beach rotana)both fantastic bars. The yacht club is great for views and the bauhaus is great for food and german beers

Clubs and social clubs i really cant help you im afraid but i find in the UAE the best place to meet people are in bars. Sad i know but it just seems to be the way here. Also i dont actually live in AD so there hasnt been much point in trying to find clubs

Ask her to pick up TimeOut Abu Dhabi. Normally full of info on these things
Good call with Yas, they were my regular haunts. As you are females why not go to the ladies nights? Free drinks galore, Coopers at Park Rotana has one (Google the night - may be tues/weds) And a very popular one was in Saks in Royal Meridien - loads of women and men to be met there. Other nights for a good western crowd you cannot go much further than Heroes in Crowne Plaza (Hamdan Street) or PJ's at the Meridien. Cheesy music and reasonably priced drinks (PJ's also has a ladies cocktail night)

Boat loads of places to go you have no reason to be bored, having written them places down I need a weekend in AD....................I miss them
Old Apr 2nd 2013, 7:17 am
Forum Regular

abudhabinewbie is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey

My wife and I have just moved to Abu Dhabi and looking to meet some people. I think she has just joined some ladies group on meetup.com and she is attending their next event somewhere.

Tell your friend to PM me if she wants to meet up for drink with my wife and I.
Old Apr 13th 2013, 10:31 am
Just Joined

vickibowen5 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Meeting new friends in Abu Dhabi/Yas Island

Hey I live in abu dhabi not far from Yas Island and I find it really difficult here as I've not made friends outside of work and I tend to get bored easily here. If she wants to meet up anytime I'd be glad of the company
Old Apr 14th 2013, 5:08 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

My Mrs helps her mate out who runs the PR side of Rush club in the Yas Hotel. They basically just hang around and make sure everything's running OK etc while having a drink. Head over there as they seem to have a laugh.