Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Media Gate properties Help

Media Gate properties Help

Old Aug 23rd 2008, 12:39 am
Forum Regular

londonguy28 is a name known to alllondonguy28 is a name known to alllondonguy28 is a name known to alllondonguy28 is a name known to alllondonguy28 is a name known to alllondonguy28 is a name known to alllondonguy28 is a name known to alllondonguy28 is a name known to alllondonguy28 is a name known to alllondonguy28 is a name known to alllondonguy28 is a name known to all
Default Media Gate properties Help

Hi everyone can you help me. I'm looking to invest in media city in Dubai, just wanted to know if anyone knows about properties that can tell me if this will be a good buy.

The price quoted is 1650AED sq ft.

Also I wanted to know, I'm moving to Dubai and would like to bring some of my money too. I want to open a bank a/c before i get there. Which is the best way to deal with this.

Thanks

Last edited by londonguy28; Aug 23rd 2008 at 12:43 am.
Old Aug 23rd 2008, 6:32 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Media Gate properties Help

as far as I am aware there are no opportunities to buy in Media City, do you mean the Marina? do you have a link for the property in question that you could post?
Old Aug 23rd 2008, 8:37 am
Forum Regular

londonguy28 is a name known to alllondonguy28 is a name known to alllondonguy28 is a name known to alllondonguy28 is a name known to alllondonguy28 is a name known to alllondonguy28 is a name known to alllondonguy28 is a name known to alllondonguy28 is a name known to alllondonguy28 is a name known to alllondonguy28 is a name known to alllondonguy28 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
as far as I am aware there are no opportunities to buy in Media City, do you mean the Marina? do you have a link for the property in question that you could post?

Sorry it's the IMPZ. Yes this is the site http://www.mediagatesdubai.com. What do you think? It will be for city scape.

Also is Ras Al Khaimah really that good?

Can someone help?
Old Aug 23rd 2008, 8:55 am
Soupy twist

Eeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by londonguy28
Also is Ras Al Khaimah really that good?
Depends what you mean by "good"

It's not Dubai, that's for sure. If Dubai is London, then RAK is... oh, I dunno... Leicester. Much quieter, less pressurised and cheaper, and probably the kind of place lots of people would actually prefer to live (we certainly would), but just too far away from the big city where all the actual work and leisure options are.
Old Aug 23rd 2008, 9:07 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Eeyore
Depends what you mean by "good"

It's not Dubai, that's for sure. If Dubai is London, then RAK is... oh, I dunno... Leicester. Much quieter, less pressurised and cheaper, and probably the kind of place lots of people would actually prefer to live (we certainly would), but just too far away from the big city where all the actual work and leisure options are.
Would it be a good place to invest? I've heard that it's going to become a very hot property area.... is this the case you think?
Old Aug 23rd 2008, 9:53 am
Soupy twist

Eeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond repute

Who can say for sure? It's got one hell of a long way to go to catch up with Dubai, and the those saying that's going to be a "hot property area" are probably those with a vested interest in getting people to think that if they invest now they're going to make the kinds of returns seen by those who invested in Dubai 4-5 years ago when off-plan property cost fourpence ha'penny and materials costs were a fraction of what they are now.

My gut feeling is that it's never going to be the "new Dubai", and it's just too far away from Dubai for it to be a viable place for a large commuter population - very few people willingly want to spend 90 minutes to two hours in the car to and from work each day (that's real-world rush-hour driving time, factoring in the congestion that exists around Dubai and Sharjah, and not the "45 minutes" usually quoted in RAK promotional bumph).

But hey, it's your money, and RAK could turn out to be bigger than Dubai

Last edited by Eeyore; Aug 23rd 2008 at 9:56 am.
Old Aug 23rd 2008, 9:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Also I wanted to know, I'm moving to Dubai and would like to bring some of my money too. I want to open a bank a/c before i get there. Which is the best way to deal with this.

Thanks
i don't think you can open a bank account unless you have a residency visa, but sure someone will correct me if i'm wrong...

MM, xx
Old Aug 23rd 2008, 9:55 am
Soupy twist

Some (all?) banks will allow you to open an account if your residency is under process. You're just limited as to what banking services they'll extend to you until your residency is confirmed.
Old Aug 23rd 2008, 10:57 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Eeyore
Who can say for sure? It's got one hell of a long way to go to catch up with Dubai, and the those saying that's going to be a "hot property area" are probably those with a vested interest in getting people to think that if they invest now they're going to make the kinds of returns seen by those who invested in Dubai 4-5 years ago when off-plan property cost fourpence ha'penny and materials costs were a fraction of what they are now.

My gut feeling is that it's never going to be the "new Dubai", and it's just too far away from Dubai for it to be a viable place for a large commuter population - very few people willingly want to spend 90 minutes to two hours in the car to and from work each day (that's real-world rush-hour driving time, factoring in the congestion that exists around Dubai and Sharjah, and not the "45 minutes" usually quoted in RAK promotional bumph).

But hey, it's your money, and RAK could turn out to be bigger than Dubai
Thanks for that.... I think I'll stick with Media City in IMPC... I think
Old Aug 23rd 2008, 12:19 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

it looks really nice, no prices on website, how much are the 2 beds - in dirhams please
Old Aug 23rd 2008, 5:12 pm
Forum Regular

it looks really nice, no prices on website, how much are the 2 beds - in dirhams please
I maybe wrong but what i have got is 1650AED sq ft. two bed is is 1235 sq ft that would make it 2,037,750 AED

Hope this helps
Old Aug 23rd 2008, 5:16 pm
Concierge

I maybe wrong but what i have got is 1650AED sq ft. two bed is is 1235 sq ft that would make it 2,037,750 AED

Hope this helps

thanks but for that price I would rather buy a resale on the Green Community
Old Aug 23rd 2008, 5:28 pm
Forum Regular

thanks but for that price I would rather buy a resale on the Green Community
So it's not that much of a good buy? what's green city?
Old Aug 23rd 2008, 7:35 pm