Reload this Page >

Maybe moving to Dubai with Chef husband

Maybe moving to Dubai with Chef husband

Old Jan 10th 2012, 5:38 pm
Just Joined

Lottie77 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Maybe moving to Dubai with Chef husband

Hi everyone,

This is completely new to me, my husband is a chef and has been asked many times over the years if he wanted to go to Dubai but it's only been the last month or so we have started to consider it.
To be honest it scares me abit! Quite overwhelmed. Where do you start?
What is life like out there? My husband would be working while I'm with our children (3 and 4) What are the schools like etc? And how is it living in a place with a culture so different to England?
Any info, stories, help, would be gratefully received!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Old Jan 10th 2012, 10:41 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Maybe moving to Dubai with Chef husband

Welcome to BE and good luck with it!

The bulk of your questions have come up a lot, so you can read about other peoples experiences to get answers as well as check out the wiki which will clue you into some of the culture and about schooling. A lot of things would depend on the package though
Old Jan 11th 2012, 6:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lottie77
Hi everyone,

This is completely new to me, my husband is a chef and has been asked many times over the years if he wanted to go to Dubai but it's only been the last month or so we have started to consider it.
What is life like out there? My husband would be working while I'm with our children (3 and 4) What are the schools like etc? And how is it living in a place with a culture so different to England?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Use the search button at the top of the page darling. Lots of info there.
Try this thread
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...+like+in+dubai
Is he coming out with a company or hotel? That will make life easier for you.
Welcome to the bored.
Old Jan 11th 2012, 7:27 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lottie77
Hi everyone,

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
We are in Abu Dhabi and have a very good friend who is a chef. Be careful about where your husband works, a lot of the five star hotels do not treat their staff well and he may find he is working very long and unsociable hours (even for a chef)!

N.
Old Jan 11th 2012, 7:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
We are in Abu Dhabi and have a very good friend who is a chef. Be careful about where your husband works, a lot of the five star hotels do not treat their staff well and he may find he is working very long and unsociable hours (even for a chef)!

N.
It will also depend at which level he is. If he is a head chef or executive chef he will be fine. Jumeirah senior chefs are definately looked after.
Old Jan 11th 2012, 10:59 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned
It will also depend at which level he is. If he is a head chef or executive chef he will be fine. Jumeirah senior chefs are definately looked after.
Indeed...I won't mention the hotel my friend worked for openly suffice to say it wasn't Jumeirah.

N.