Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Married for 5+ years outside UK

Married for 5+ years outside UK

Old Oct 16th 2012, 6:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Beakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Married for 5+ years outside UK

Originally Posted by Brook
How do you explain this to your parents…sorry dad/mum it looks like we won’t be coming back anytime soon.
And in the same vein, how do you explain to your kids from a previous marriage that you won't be coming back soon? Another worry over this situation.
Old Oct 18th 2012, 1:17 pm
Gold-Helmeted Member

captainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brook
It seems to me we are getting punished for our honesty. I still can’t get my head around the whole thing. How do you explain this to your parents…sorry dad/mum it looks like we won’t be coming back anytime soon.
Indeed, we were completely honest with all questions from UKBA but like that Ian Foot bloke on Come Fly with Me, they'll disbelieve anything you say even if it is true and you have no reason to lie anyway. I was told in 2006 to my face by UKBA officer that I was a liar because I claimed to own a company in Dubai 50/50 with my brother (which was true), but the officer claimed this was not possible, and I must have a local partner because 'she knew a bit about Dubai'.

So I can speak with first hand knowledge when I say UKBA employs borderline retards who are rude, lacking in any social skills and who'd be out on the street with a boot up their backside if they were at any private company.

As for my parents, they already know that my kids will grow up Brazilian. Britain has done squat for me except try to make my life miserable, that's why I've spent as much of my life as possible outside the place. As Brazilians, they have so much more opportunities in life, and have a fair chance of watching their national football team actually win a WC or three in their lifetime.
Old Nov 30th 2012, 4:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Having a foreign spouse is now an incredibly complicated business for those of us who are subjects of Her Britannic Majesty.

Last edited by scot47; Nov 30th 2012 at 6:02 pm.