Marriage in Dubai

Old May 17th 2009, 5:01 pm
Banned

Shereen has a spectacular aura aboutShereen has a spectacular aura aboutShereen has a spectacular aura about
Smile Marriage in Dubai

Dear All,
I am a ukrainian girl (muslim-convert) and a working resident in UAE. I am planning to get married to an Indian (muslim) man. What are the pre-requisites to get married in the Sharia Court, Dubai. I have obtained the No Objection letter from my embassy, abudhabi & translated to arabic (attested by Justice).

I also have the religion acceptance certificate to islam (foreign affairs attested already) along with my fiance's brother and a close friend (both muslims).

My questions are: Is his parents consent necessary for the marriage? , Can any one share their experience at the sharia court? (how long is the marriage process, and does the imam/judge ask any further questions? (like?) , How easy is the process? Any complications that you foresee in my case?

Does he need to involve indian consulate/embassy in this process? Will i be able to be travel to india (obtain a permanent permit) based on the indian foreign marriage act? Can he validate this marriage certificate in india as well? if yes how?

I was digging away at this, but confused now!

Many thanks ...

Regards
Tanya

Last edited by Shereen; May 17th 2009 at 5:17 pm.
Old May 17th 2009, 6:27 pm
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Marriage in Dubai

Originally Posted by Shereen
Dear All,
I am a ukrainian girl (muslim-convert) and a working resident in UAE. I am planning to get married to an Indian (muslim) man. What are the pre-requisites to get married in the Sharia Court, Dubai. I have obtained the No Objection letter from my embassy, abudhabi & translated to arabic (attested by Justice).

I also have the religion acceptance certificate to islam (foreign affairs attested already) along with my fiance's brother and a close friend (both muslims).

My questions are: Is his parents consent necessary for the marriage? , Can any one share their experience at the sharia court? (how long is the marriage process, and does the imam/judge ask any further questions? (like?) , How easy is the process? Any complications that you foresee in my case?

Does he need to involve indian consulate/embassy in this process? Will i be able to be travel to india (obtain a permanent permit) based on the indian foreign marriage act? Can he validate this marriage certificate in india as well? if yes how?

Many thanks ...

Regards
Tanya
Sorry not meaning to be nasty, but this is a site for British Expats in the Middle East. Whatever makes you think anyone on here will have a clue about what you are asking? I'm really confused now....

Please note, no swearing!
Old May 17th 2009, 6:37 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Dear All,

Many thanks ...

Regards
Tanya

Your fiancee needs to be a UAE resident to marry in Sharia Court in UAE.
You also need the Cert from Preventative Health Department confirming both are fit to be married(contradiction in terms if ya ask me....)

Honestly, save yourself a lot of time, trouble and heartache.Go to the Marriage Contracts Department of Sharia Court and get the info straight from the horse's mouth.It's behind Carrefour,Airport Road in Abu Dhabi but no idea where Dubai one is......
Old May 17th 2009, 6:41 pm
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eva
Your fiancee needs to be a UAE resident to marry in Sharia Court in UAE.
You also need the Cert from Preventative Health Department confirming both are fit to be married(contradiction in terms if ya ask me....)

Honestly, save yourself a lot of time, trouble and heartache.Go to the Marriage Contracts Department of Sharia Court and get the info straight from the horse's mouth.It's behind Carrefour,Airport Road in Abu Dhabi but no idea where Dubai one is......
****, you had to go and prove me wrong!

Don't know why I bother, think in future I'll say nothing, waste of bloody time and typing effort and that ain't easy for me, then Eva comes on and answers the bloody question as if she is the font of all knowledge again, think I'll give up the whole fewking thing and just go back to being my usuals sarcastic self....
Old May 17th 2009, 7:02 pm
Banned

Shereen has a spectacular aura aboutShereen has a spectacular aura aboutShereen has a spectacular aura about
Cool Re: Marriage in Dubai

Originally Posted by Roadking
Sorry not meaning to be nasty, but this is a site for British Expats in the Middle East. Whatever makes you think anyone on here will have a clue about what you are asking? I'm really confused now....

Please note, no swearing!
brilliant, i expected help from those who can! why is the registration open to all? Im sure there are many on this site who can help me out.

Thanks Eva, will go to AD on tuesday.
Old May 17th 2009, 7:05 pm
If I have to explain...

brilliant, i expected help from those who can! why is the registration open to all? Im sure there are many on this site who can help me out.

And you have your help, good luck.
Old May 17th 2009, 7:07 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Honestly it's the best option,then you will know exactly what's required.
Most of us chip in wee bits here and there but things change so often it's best to get it first hand.
As for Roadking- well every site has a village idiot.....
Good luck.
Old May 17th 2009, 7:10 pm
If I have to explain...

Originally Posted by Eva
Honestly it's the best option,then you will know exactly what's required.
Most of us chip in wee bits here and there but things change so often it's best to get it first hand.
As for Roadking- well every site has a village idiot.....
Good luck.
Yeah, but I'm not from this village!
Old May 17th 2009, 7:12 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Roadking
Yeah, but I'm not from this village!
You've been given a lifetime residency as you fulfill the role so well....
Old May 17th 2009, 7:14 pm
If I have to explain...

Originally Posted by Eva
You've been given a lifetime residency as you fulfill the role so well....
Aah, that's sweet, you think I'm good at something..