Making friends

Old Oct 27th 2011, 1:05 pm
Just Joined

LisaMarie7711 is a jewel in the roughLisaMarie7711 is a jewel in the roughLisaMarie7711 is a jewel in the roughLisaMarie7711 is a jewel in the rough
Default Making friends

Hi,

Has anyone moved to Dubai alone? I've been here since July and haven't made any friends. I'm starting to just want to pack up and go back 'home.'

Any thoughts/ideas what to do?
Old Oct 27th 2011, 1:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Making friends

Hi Lisa,

yes I moved here on my own- single girl- and it was very very very tough.

I know I sound like a stuck record to anyone who has read my posts before so I apologise and stop readingif you've heard it all before.

My first year here was bloody toight- the first 6 months all i wanted to do was get ona plane home- I mean i really hated it- it then started to get easier as I made soem friends, and i now have an awesoem circle of friends who keep me sane- some of whiom Ive met from here.

You have to be proactive- get out and meet people- people are friendly but i found it hard meeting people that I clicked with- you can meet a lot of twats here! It is hard beinga single girl here and i completely feel fro you, however it does get easier. i do have days where I hate being here but its the right place for me tobe at the moment. It really does get easier once you have a confidante you can let all the crap out on and it helps to put things into persepctive.

If you wanted to meet up for a coffee Id be more than happy to. Most of my friends here are people that I have met through other friends- so you join their circle of friends, so its just finding a group of people you like- its not easy though.

What are you into- sport or anything social- there might be some groups peopel could recommend.

stick with it love it does get better I promise

xxx
Old Oct 27th 2011, 2:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Lisa
Try www.meetup.com and type in Dubai. Lots of social activities and dinners/drinks etc

also

http://www.socialcirclesuae.com

another group that is good.
i have been on several outings and they are fun
They organise trips abroad, desert safari and weekend trips to Oman.
Both sites have different groups you can join depending what you like.
Be brave and step out there.
As KC said..it is hard but just go for it.
Old Oct 27th 2011, 2:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LisaMarie7711
Hi,
Has anyone moved to Dubai alone? I've been here since July and haven't made any friends. I'm starting to just want to pack up and go back 'home.'
There are plenty of singletons here. Just try and get out more. Join a fitness centre or somewhere. Whereabouts in Dubai are you? How old are you? There are plenty of women, both single and married, looking for companionship over here.
Old Oct 27th 2011, 9:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

flood2 will become famous soon enoughflood2 will become famous soon enough

Hi,

I have been down in Al Ain for about the same time and have struggled a bit/lot. If it is hard getting friends in Dubai, you should try down here!

Hopefully I will move to Dubai next April and can try Dubai to see how it compares! It cannot be any worse than Al Ain!
Old Oct 28th 2011, 5:57 am
Just Joined

LisaMarie7711 is a jewel in the roughLisaMarie7711 is a jewel in the roughLisaMarie7711 is a jewel in the roughLisaMarie7711 is a jewel in the rough

Thanks for the links Patsy, defo going to have a look at them. What is Al Ain like?
Old Oct 28th 2011, 7:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Oyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the links Patsy, defo going to have a look at them. What is Al Ain like?
A sleepy town on the border with Oman. Wonderful scenery, a great wildlife park....and that's about it
Old Oct 28th 2011, 11:00 am
Just Joined

harris00716 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Hi Lisa
How are you. I arrived last week. But good thing is I have got some family here but no friends.. so where are u based. Thanks
Old Oct 28th 2011, 11:03 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Oyibopeppeh
A sleepy town on the border with Oman. Wonderful scenery, a great wildlife park....and that's about it
It sounds nice but you must get bored. I think I'm going to Oman next weekend actually.
Old Oct 28th 2011, 11:16 am
BE Enthusiast

flood2 will become famous soon enoughflood2 will become famous soon enough

It sounds nice but you must get bored.
If you are single it is dreadful. 3 hotels with bars and nothing else.

You can see all it has to offer in 1 day.
Old Oct 28th 2011, 4:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really nice

Originally Posted by flood2
If you are single it is dreadful. 3 hotels with bars and nothing else.

You can see all it has to offer in 1 day.
Buy yourself an old second hand 4x4 and come dune bashing with me!!
Old Oct 28th 2011, 8:27 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Bluelionesse
Buy yourself an old second hand 4x4 and come dune bashing with me!!
I guess i will be bored soon
Old Oct 29th 2011, 1:40 pm
Just Joined

At least you will be moving to Dubai soon, there is so much to do here.
Old Oct 29th 2011, 6:25 pm
Just Joined

At least you will be moving to Dubai soon, there is so much to do here.
At the moment just using gym and pool. its very good
Old Oct 30th 2011, 3:10 pm

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Move to Abu Dhabi and join my social networking group...

Or...find a hobby you like and join one of the many groups and clubs in Dubai

N.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.