Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Maintenance / CSA / etc

Maintenance / CSA / etc

Old Apr 24th 2007, 8:32 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Maintenance / CSA / etc

I think I am safe to say that some of you have children from previous relationships in the UK. Out of interest do you pay maintenance via the CSA or do you just have an arrangement with the mother?? Do you keep proof of what you pay etc.

BC
Old Apr 24th 2007, 8:48 am
Here comes the Sun

twinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Maintenance / CSA / etc

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
I think I am safe to say that some of you have children from previous relationships in the UK. Out of interest do you pay maintenance via the CSA or do you just have an arrangement with the mother?? Do you keep proof of what you pay etc.

BC

Used to work for them!! Shhhhhhhhh!
Old Apr 24th 2007, 8:49 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by twinkle-star
Used to work for them!! Shhhhhhhhh!
does the CSA cover scotland then?
Old Apr 24th 2007, 8:51 am
Here comes the Sun

twinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond repute

does the CSA cover scotland then?
Don't think so, they used to have their own courts ...unless that changed!
Old Apr 24th 2007, 8:59 am
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute

BC
The CSA cannot pursue errant fathers in the UAE as there is no information exchange.

The only exception would be if you work for a UK company on secondment here.
Old Apr 24th 2007, 9:06 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by Jammy_Dodgers
The CSA cannot pursue errant fathers in the UAE as there is no information exchange.

The only exception would be if you work for a UK company on secondment here.
yes I know that, we pay a fixed amount to the previous wife! I was just curious whether anyone here had been assessed when they were in the UK so to say.
Old Apr 24th 2007, 9:57 am
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

now here is a topic close to my heart.

The CSA does operate in Scotland of course, it is part of the United Kingdom

As JD says they cannot touch me (ahem) i mean fathers whilst in the UAE as there is no co-operation between the countries.

I am one of these fathers who has unfortunately bore the brunt of the Scottish court system.
Old Apr 24th 2007, 10:16 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by arbroath_abroad
now here is a topic close to my heart.

The CSA does operate in Scotland of course, it is part of the United Kingdom

As JD says they cannot touch me (ahem) i mean fathers whilst in the UAE as there is no co-operation between the countries.

I am one of these fathers who has unfortunately bore the brunt of the Scottish court system.
do I take it you are either paying nothing or have been stitched up and are paying a fortune??
Old Apr 24th 2007, 10:31 am
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

do I take it you are either paying nothing or have been stitched up and are paying a fortune??
previously the latter and now the former.

Before anyone judges that, it is a long long story, never the less, my 5 year old princess who is innocent in all this is getting a lot of money put away into a trust fund for HER EDUCATION AND LIFE later on.

(more than double per month what the CSA Dick Turpins were taking)

I have already funded a brand new car WITH private plates for her mother to swan around in. (that is really of benefit to my daughter)

It is really too personal to divulge the details too much on here but lets just say, Scottish Courts have been a busy place for me over the last few years, all because i wanted joint custody of my baby or at minimum every second weekend with wednesday nights etc

Cause i am not married (at the time) and therefore have NO parental rights, i was told on 3 occassions by a stupid decrepid piss stained old sheriff, that it would be distrssing on THE MOTHER to be without her daughter (who was 3) to be without overnight.

What a crock of shit
Old Apr 24th 2007, 10:51 am
W10

Sounds like a familiar story, I took all kinds of legal advice and was basically told it was hopeless trying to fight.

But to answer the questions, we have a private arrangement with regards to money.

Old Apr 24th 2007, 11:15 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by arbroath_abroad
previously the latter and now the former.

Before anyone judges that, it is a long long story, never the less, my 5 year old princess who is innocent in all this is getting a lot of money put away into a trust fund for HER EDUCATION AND LIFE later on.

(more than double per month what the CSA Dick Turpins were taking)

I have already funded a brand new car WITH private plates for her mother to swan around in. (that is really of benefit to my daughter)

It is really too personal to divulge the details too much on here but lets just say, Scottish Courts have been a busy place for me over the last few years, all because i wanted joint custody of my baby or at minimum every second weekend with wednesday nights etc

Cause i am not married (at the time) and therefore have NO parental rights, i was told on 3 occassions by a stupid decrepid piss stained old sheriff, that it would be distrssing on THE MOTHER to be without her daughter (who was 3) to be without overnight.

What a crock of shit

it is such a nightmare for the men, they really have very little rights and all the courts want is the money. Sorry to hear you have had such a bad time. We send money over every month but we know for a fact that she is admitting it to the social and gets the full whack from them. Very annoying.
Old Apr 24th 2007, 12:15 pm
Here comes the Sun

it is such a nightmare for the men, they really have very little rights and all the courts want is the money. Sorry to hear you have had such a bad time. We send money over every month but we know for a fact that she is admitting it to the social and gets the full whack from them. Very annoying.
If she is on the social any money you send would go straight back to the government anyway so you are paying instead of the government. You still end up paying whichever way. This way she gets two lots of money!

...unless you cut her off completely but then that causes complications with access ...either way you loose out!

Trust funds are good!
Old Apr 24th 2007, 12:17 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by twinkle-star
If she is on the social any money you send would go straight back to the government anyway so you are paying instead of the government. You still end up paying whichever way. This way she gets two lots of money!

...unless you cut her off completely but then that causes complications with access ...either way you loose out!

Trust funds are good!
true I see your point, just annoys me that she afford holidays round the states and we are struggling to find school fees!!!
Old Apr 24th 2007, 2:00 pm
W10

true I see your point, just annoys me that she afford holidays round the states and we are struggling to find school fees!!!
But if you lived in the UK and didn't have to pay Dh40,000 a year in school fees, you too could afford to go on holidays to the states

Old Apr 24th 2007, 2:20 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by W10
But if you lived in the UK and didn't have to pay Dh40,000 a year in school fees, you too could afford to go on holidays to the states
doubt cos then we would have a mortgage?? it is all swings and roundabouts really at the end of the day.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.