Maid Sponsorship

Old Apr 9th 2008, 4:30 pm
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Maid Sponsorship

Does anybody know the cost and procedure for sponsoring a housemaid who claims to have a transferable visa? Everybody we know has part-time maids, but my wife believes this to be illegal. She may be right.
Old Apr 9th 2008, 4:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Maid Sponsorship

It is illegal to have a parttime maid not on your sponsorship.
I paid 5000dhs for the visa, 5000dhs returnable deposit. 500 for medical and I paid about 5/600 additional stuff for typing etc. I just paid somebody to do it for me..1250dhs and he did everything..well worth it
Old Apr 9th 2008, 4:44 pm
Its all good

Fairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond repute

Yes we've just done it you have to pitch up at immigration with maid, former sponsor and wads of cash. Do paperwork and handover 5k dhs deposit then go to another desk and pay another 5kish for the fee. Then you need to go to iranian hosp and have blood tests for maid. Wait for a couple of days go back get results and then go back and have the visa rubber stamped and claim your 5k deposit back. Took only a few days and minimal hassle. Main thing you need to know is that the original sponsor is definately willing to sign the visa over - some ask for cash to do this????????? Yes your wife is correct employing someone on a local visa is illegal
Old Apr 9th 2008, 4:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

My guy did it all FD..he sorted the cancellation of the previous sponsor, I went with him once to immigration and then he did the rest..took my maid to the hospital, retrieved my deposit, and did all the leg work..well worth the 1250dhs.
Oh and he got the whole thing done in 2 days..no waiting for results or anything, we got her medical in 4 hours.
Old Apr 9th 2008, 4:57 pm
Its all good

Fairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond repute

Brilliant = the local guy involved was being a bit of an arse and wanted hubby and him to pitch up at immigration together to make sure her visa was canx etc etc. otherwise HR would have done it all as well but hey at least its done now and she doesn't have to hide each time a police car comes past lol
Old Apr 9th 2008, 5:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Good to hear FD.. peace of mind is worth the hassle eh? xx
Old Apr 9th 2008, 5:12 pm
Its all good

Absolutely someone I know was given a very hefty fine recently so decided to err on the side of caution!! Must get out for a glass of fizz or 6 soon
Old Apr 9th 2008, 5:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Defo darling, l am trying to organise a thursday at Yalumba in the next few weeks ................go and check it out
nice to chat to you again..been a long time xx
Old Apr 9th 2008, 5:18 pm
Its all good

You too xxx Will check it out >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Old Apr 10th 2008, 4:23 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned
It is illegal to have a parttime maid not on your sponsorship.
I paid 5000dhs for the visa, 5000dhs returnable deposit. 500 for medical and I paid about 5/600 additional stuff for typing etc. I just paid somebody to do it for me..1250dhs and he did everything..well worth it
Oh well, that rules out getting a maid then. Will have to make other arrangements.
Old Apr 10th 2008, 4:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by lionheart
Oh well, that rules out getting a maid then. Will have to make other arrangements.
why?
Old Apr 10th 2008, 5:40 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned
why?
Simple economics. We have an extended family to support back in Africa plus another daughter over there. The cost of merely recruiting a maid would keep them all fed for a year let alone the monthly salary and flight allowance. What happens if she leaves after one month? Its only worth considering if you have somebody reliable in mind. Anyway, its only the ironing that my misses hates and we can get my shirts nicely pressed in Karama for Dhs2 a pop...
Old Apr 10th 2008, 9:02 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
am I right in thinking that your wife doesn't work anyway? so technically she could do the work? this isn't a dig at you lovelies who have fab maids by the way!