Reload this Page >

Madareem Compound - Riyadh

Madareem Compound - Riyadh

Old Nov 14th 2011, 12:59 pm
Just Joined

SamyBesbes is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Madareem Compound - Riyadh

Hi all,
I was offered a 2 bedroom villa at Madareem compound and I would like to know if anyone have visited, lived in or heard about....
Feed back and comments will be greatly appreciated.
Cheers,
Samy
Old Nov 14th 2011, 1:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

coffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Madareem Compound - Riyadh

Hi i am now in khobar and i lived in riyadh for 2 years, only just moved up here about 7 months ago.
My company have a flat on this compound,
It is right on the main road so it can be a little noisy, but dependinging where your are located it can be ok.
The biggg mosque is right outside the rear / side of the compound so it can agian be alittle noisy at silly o clock in the morning.
It has a nice little pool area and a bbq area nice little cafe , the compound is under new management and it is part of the hotel just a couple of hundred metres up the road.
Down i nthe basement of the hotel the have a big outside area and an indian rest. they also or they did when i was there last show most of the sports ( footie rugby etc .

Depending on where you are working in the city its self transport could be a problem.
There is no bar in that compound.
Old Nov 15th 2011, 8:53 am
Forum Regular

LynneArmstrong is an unknown quantity at this point

I went to visit this compund and saw a 2 bed appartment, it was fairly nice althought he furniture was pretty dated, however, they did say they could change this but not really sure what for!

It was a nice size with 2 good size bedrooms and a living room/dinning room and small but functional kitchen. I was not happy with the bathroom, an old shower unit!

The mosque is right next door and really loud so would not suit me!

There are 140 ish units and the pool is fairly small but adequate, with about 20 sun loungers and next to a coffee shop. The mini market was very small and I saw no other residents when I visited at 7pm 1 evening! Very quiet and transport could be an issue depending where you need to get from/to.

The manager would not tell me how many westerners lived there and I got the impression that there are very few - an issue for me but not a problem for everyone! Lots of other arab nationals I think but I was told there are no restrictions on the compound!

Good luck
Old Nov 15th 2011, 1:16 pm
Just Joined

SamyBesbes is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by LynneArmstrong
I went to visit this compund and saw a 2 bed appartment, it was fairly nice althought he furniture was pretty dated, however, they did say they could change this but not really sure what for!

It was a nice size with 2 good size bedrooms and a living room/dinning room and small but functional kitchen. I was not happy with the bathroom, an old shower unit!

The mosque is right next door and really loud so would not suit me!

There are 140 ish units and the pool is fairly small but adequate, with about 20 sun loungers and next to a coffee shop. The mini market was very small and I saw no other residents when I visited at 7pm 1 evening! Very quiet and transport could be an issue depending where you need to get from/to.

The manager would not tell me how many westerners lived there and I got the impression that there are very few - an issue for me but not a problem for everyone! Lots of other arab nationals I think but I was told there are no restrictions on the compound!

Good luck
Thanks Lynne for your feed back, very appreciated...How much is the asking price for the 2 bedrooms (I have been told SAR 100K).
Also, can someone hook me up with Alkhuzama Village contact information?
Thank you.
Old Nov 16th 2011, 4:42 am
Forum Regular

LynneArmstrong is an unknown quantity at this point

Your very welcome, hope it is useful!

Don't have the number for the other compound you mentioned I am afraid, SAR100 may well have been what I was offered it for although it may well have been a bit below that, SAR 90,000 rings a bells so I would haggle a little if I were you.

Riyadh Village has availability but not sure if this is a good location for you? Not been there myself as way too far out for me unfortunately but have a contact number, if you need it PM me.

Good luck
Old Nov 16th 2011, 6:08 am
Forum Regular

yrsammit is just really niceyrsammit is just really niceyrsammit is just really niceyrsammit is just really niceyrsammit is just really niceyrsammit is just really niceyrsammit is just really niceyrsammit is just really nice

I lived there for 3 months before transferring to Khobar. It's hardly a "compound," though they did beef up security a lot while I was there.

There's no bar or expat social scene there, so if that's what you want out of a compound then look elsewhere. However, the management was always very friendly and helpful for me. The rooms are quite large, with new, albeit cheap, furniture and high ceilings. Another big perk was that I had access to the fancy gym and pool at the Madareem Hotel just down the road (less than 10 minutes walk). I'm not sure if this is something afforded to all residents, but it was definitely nice. They recently built a new, bigger cafe and I believe finished a smaller gym on the premises as well.