Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Looks like Saudi will be the next one

Looks like Saudi will be the next one

Old Mar 10th 2011, 11:08 pm
Forum Regular

MrMark is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Looks like Saudi will be the next one

I hear demos will happen in Saudi tomorrow. I never saw this coming.

Mark
Old Mar 11th 2011, 3:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Millsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Looks like Saudi will be the next one

They will be quashed using force - and quickly I suspect.
Old Mar 11th 2011, 4:54 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

the "day of rage" on March 11th has been planned for at least a month and the unrest obvious for at least 10 years.
surprise, no
will it have any effect, possibly
what will the govt do well they shot 3 people in qatif last night and the ministry of interior have announced that they will take any and all measure required to keep the peace.
if they protest en masse i suspect they are stupid enough to make it very bloody!

i suspect the house of saud may be about to get an almighty fright. supporting the west in its quest for middle east democray is about to spread to their own lands, something i bet they didnt think was part of the deal
Old Mar 11th 2011, 4:59 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by shiva
the "day of rage" on March 11th has been planned for at least a month and the unrest obvious for at least 10 years.
surprise, no
will it have any effect, possibly
what will the govt do well they shot 3 people in qatif last night and the ministry of interior have announced that they will take any and all measure required to keep the peace.
if they protest en masse i suspect they are stupid enough to make it very bloody!

i suspect the house of saud may be about to get an almighty fright. supporting the west in its quest for middle east democray is about to spread to their own lands, something i bet they didnt think was part of the deal
The unrest south of the border in Yemen is an added fuel to the fire and I expect it to have very bad effects on the house of Saud in the near future. I think the west will not try to protect the house of Saud anymore.

Mark
Old Mar 11th 2011, 5:06 am
BE Forum Addict

coffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond repute

It has already started yesterday in Qatif and with more fun and games planned for to day.
Watch this space.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Wor...sters_In_Qatif
Old Mar 11th 2011, 5:10 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by coffindodger
It has already started yesterday in Qatif and with more fun and games planned for to day.
Watch this space.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Wor...sters_In_Qatif
Interesting.....
Old Mar 11th 2011, 5:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrMark
I hear demos will happen in Saudi tomorrow. I never saw this coming.

Mark
This is no surprise. Fundamentally, it should have been them first.
Old Mar 11th 2011, 5:37 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse
This is no surprise. Fundamentally, it should have been them first.
Agree. I was hoping for a day like this, just didn't think it was possible.
Old Mar 11th 2011, 5:53 am
Forum Regular

tieresias is a name known to alltieresias is a name known to alltieresias is a name known to alltieresias is a name known to alltieresias is a name known to alltieresias is a name known to alltieresias is a name known to alltieresias is a name known to alltieresias is a name known to alltieresias is a name known to alltieresias is a name known to all

Originally Posted by shiva
what will the govt do well they shot 3 people in qatif last night
That's what the headlines imply, but reading through the various versions of this story, what seems to have happened is:
1. the police fired shots (into the air)
2. three people were injured (in a scuffle)

i.e. the shots and the injuries were unrelated.

Anyway, all is calm here in Riyadh. I suppose we'll have to see what happens after noontime prayers. My personal feeling is - nothing much.
Old Mar 11th 2011, 6:09 am
Forum Regular

tieresias is a name known to alltieresias is a name known to alltieresias is a name known to alltieresias is a name known to alltieresias is a name known to alltieresias is a name known to alltieresias is a name known to alltieresias is a name known to alltieresias is a name known to alltieresias is a name known to alltieresias is a name known to all

http://arabnews.com/saudiarabia/article311817.ece

I know it's a government-controlled newspaper and seeks to downplay any indication of troubles, but I like the dry humour as the article reports on the reporters and tells its own non-story.
Old Mar 11th 2011, 1:11 pm
Forum Regular

Did anyone see or hear anything? The last I heard, about an hour ago from an eye-witness visitor of our firm staying at an hotel on Olaya St., the police were sitting on the kerb having a picnic...
Old Mar 11th 2011, 2:25 pm
Forum Regular

knickerdropofglory is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tieresias
Did anyone see or hear anything? The last I heard, about an hour ago from an eye-witness visitor of our firm staying at an hotel on Olaya St., the police were sitting on the kerb having a picnic...

Nothing doing up the North of the country..... But my experience is the Saudi's tend to do what they do after lights out.

Lets see what happens after the 19.30ish prayer
Old Mar 11th 2011, 2:32 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by knickerdropofglory
Nothing doing up the North of the country..... But my experience is the Saudi's tend to do what they do after lights out.

Lets see what happens after the 19.30ish prayer
Nothing happened! That was disappointing.
Old Mar 11th 2011, 4:03 pm
Forum Regular

Mr Andy is an unknown quantity at this point

Given the general ability of a Saudi to organise anything it was never likely to happen!!

Also, even if it was organised, I'd be amazed if any of them managed to turn up on time to do whatever had been planned!!
Old Mar 11th 2011, 4:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

DesertOcean has a reputation beyond reputeDesertOcean has a reputation beyond reputeDesertOcean has a reputation beyond reputeDesertOcean has a reputation beyond reputeDesertOcean has a reputation beyond reputeDesertOcean has a reputation beyond reputeDesertOcean has a reputation beyond reputeDesertOcean has a reputation beyond reputeDesertOcean has a reputation beyond reputeDesertOcean has a reputation beyond reputeDesertOcean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mr Andy
Given the general ability of a Saudi to organise anything it was never likely to happen!!

Also, even if it was organised, I'd be amazed if any of them managed to turn up on time to do whatever had been planned!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.