Reload this Page >

Looking for someone with Consultancy experience

Looking for someone with Consultancy experience

Old Sep 1st 2014, 9:31 am
Just Joined

GMTMaster is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Looking for someone with Consultancy experience

Hello,

I am looking for someone who is seeking a new and exciting venture.

I will be starting my own consultancy firm in Dubai relating to mainly:

Business consultancy
Media and marketing services
Training services

The eligible person would need to have experience in a similar field.

Although I will own the business, I am looking for someone who is more geared towards working alongside as a partner to make the business grow.

So this is not really a job Oprning with a fixed salary, it's more of a business partnership where I will be the only investor

If anyone is interested, please let me know.
Old Sep 1st 2014, 9:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Looking for someone with Consultancy experience

Originally Posted by GMTMaster
Hello,

I am looking for someone who is seeking a new and exciting venture.

I will be starting my own consultancy firm in Dubai relating to mainly:

Business consultancy
Media and marketing services
Training services

The eligible person would need to have experience in a similar field.

Although I will own the business, I am looking for someone who is more geared towards working alongside as a partner to make the business grow.

So this is not really a job Oprning with a fixed salary, it's more of a business partnership where I will be the only investor

If anyone is interested, please let me know.
No fixed salary, no equity - sounds like a shitty deal to me... especially as it's a start up Does your new partner need to come with a client list too?
Old Sep 1st 2014, 10:04 am
Just Joined

GMTMaster is an unknown quantity at this point

Millhouse, there is no need for your response if you are not interested in this offer.

I am sure all members here are old enough and sound minded to make their own judgment relative to what they are looking for. We all act upon our own will.

If however there is genuine interest from anybody, we can discuss specifics on an individual requirement basis.
Old Sep 1st 2014, 10:22 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Millhouse, there is no need for your response if you are not interested in this offer.

I am sure all members here are old enough and sound minded to make their own judgment relative to what they are looking for. We all act upon our own will.

If however there is genuine interest from anybody, we can discuss specifics on an individual requirement basis.
i'm with millhouse here.

Old Sep 1st 2014, 10:36 am
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

Considering the investment to set up is minimal this sounds like a raw deal. Also why would I want to 'partner' with you if I could do the same thing on my own and keep all the money...

If you're looking for someone to be a co-founder then have the decency to call it that and give them reasonable equity. Unless you are bringing serious experience and/or a list of clients ready to sign I would say 50% is a good number.
Old Sep 1st 2014, 11:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by norsk
Considering the investment to set up is minimal this sounds like a raw deal. Also why would I want to 'partner' with you if I could do the same thing on my own and keep all the money...

If you're looking for someone to be a co-founder then have the decency to call it that and give them reasonable equity. Unless you are bringing serious experience and/or a list of clients ready to sign I would say 50% is a good number.
said more eloquently than me. My point is that the investment is near zero for a consultancy - If the other guy is bringing the local experience and maybe clients, then I think the balance of equity would be reversed.
Old Sep 1st 2014, 11:23 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

I am sure all members here are old enough and sound minded to make their own judgment relative to what they are looking for.
Just as all companies to whom you'll be trying to sell are staffed and owned by people who are likewise able to make their own judgments--yet you want to sell them advice. Sounds a bit like do as I say, not as I do...
Old Sep 1st 2014, 12:46 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

I'll do it.