Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Looking at Networking!

Looking at Networking!

Old Sep 20th 2008, 12:00 am
Just Joined

TooLateToTurnBack is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Looking at Networking!

Evening all..... I have recently visited the beautiful place you call home and enjoyed it so much I have handed in my notice and will be heading out to Dubai in November.... I have a degree in Management (gained a 2:1) and I currently work as an Account Manager for Unilever (Leeds) and Smith & Nephew (Hull).

As I noticed while I was in Dubai and from my research its all about 'Networking' in order to find work, so what best place to start then on the Expats website.... You have all made the leap and your all living and working in Dubai... Therefore I am here selling my Qualifications and experience.... Looking at moving into HR as this is the main area that I work in.... however I am open minded and looking at many options as this is a new chapter in my life.... so please feel free to either contact me and I will be happy to supply my CV....

I hope you can all be as friendly and as helpful as the Expats I met while staying in Dubai!

Regards

Neil
Old Sep 20th 2008, 12:10 am
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Looking at Networking!

Originally Posted by TooLateToTurnBack
Evening all..... I have recently visited the beautiful place you call home and enjoyed it so much I have handed in my notice and will be heading out to Dubai in November.... I have a degree in Management (gained a 2:1) and I currently work as an Account Manager for Unilever (Leeds) and Smith & Nephew (Hull).

As I noticed while I was in Dubai and from my research its all about 'Networking' in order to find work, so what best place to start then on the Expats website.... You have all made the leap and your all living and working in Dubai... Therefore I am here selling my Qualifications and experience.... Looking at moving into HR as this is the main area that I work in.... however I am open minded and looking at many options as this is a new chapter in my life.... so please feel free to either contact me and I will be happy to supply my CV....

I hope you can all be as friendly and as helpful as the Expats I met while staying in Dubai!

Regards

Neil
Are you a spammer for Unilever/Procter & Gamble or........maybe you didn't research the timeline enough......its 0415 in DXB so don't expect an instant reply .Good luck though.
Old Sep 20th 2008, 12:12 am
Just Joined

TooLateToTurnBack is an unknown quantity at this point

No not a spammer... I am still in the UK so its 1.30 here.... very aware of the time in Dubai.... still suffering from the heat rash from last week....

Not expecting a quick turn around.... Cheers for your reply tho!
Old Sep 20th 2008, 12:40 am
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TooLateToTurnBack
No not a spammer... I am still in the UK so its 1.30 here.... very aware of the time in Dubai.... still suffering from the heat rash from last week....

Not expecting a quick turn around.... Cheers for your reply tho!

If you want to divert into HR-Gawd help ya..........shouldn't you have that
Personnel qualy?
Old Sep 20th 2008, 1:55 am
Banned

Bijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond repute

Well good luck with your migration but please try and stay in employment before coming over. The employment market is more structured in the Middle East and if they want an HR then it will be an experienced HR and may ignore you.

You know, my company has a few HR from Unilever - a well respected company - but they come from the Indian Company and would give you a very good run for your money.

Good luck anyway. If you really are working out your notice then please take my advice and spend it full time trying to get work before you arrive.

Good luck.
Old Sep 20th 2008, 6:54 am
Forum Regular

Foxes is just really niceFoxes is just really niceFoxes is just really niceFoxes is just really niceFoxes is just really niceFoxes is just really niceFoxes is just really niceFoxes is just really niceFoxes is just really nice

I like your style !!

Get onto the gulf news website and find the names of the recruitment consultants and make contact. they will be the best people to advise you of the hurdles you will need to overcome and what to expect. You will have to keep on chasing though ! You have the right determination and this is still a developing economy so hopefully you will find something. best of luck, Foxes