Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Looking to move back

Looking to move back

Old Nov 4th 2007, 2:25 pm
Forum Regular

ubdai will become famous soon enoughubdai will become famous soon enough
Red face Looking to move back

Presently been out of the gulf for 6 yrs now. And I am getting seriously fed up with the present UK g'ment taxing the arse out of everything. Therefore a relocation is in order, so does anyone know of or recommend a decent company thats looking for infrastructure utility designers.

If anyone know of anything then all replies greatfully accepted.

tia
ubdai
Old Nov 4th 2007, 4:19 pm
Account Closed

used_car_salesman is just really niceused_car_salesman is just really niceused_car_salesman is just really niceused_car_salesman is just really niceused_car_salesman is just really niceused_car_salesman is just really niceused_car_salesman is just really niceused_car_salesman is just really niceused_car_salesman is just really niceused_car_salesman is just really nice
Default Re: Looking to move back

Al Qaida.
Old Nov 4th 2007, 5:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ubdai
Presently been out of the gulf for 6 yrs now. And I am getting seriously fed up with the present UK g'ment taxing the arse out of everything. Therefore a relocation is in order, so does anyone know of or recommend a decent company thats looking for infrastructure utility designers.

tia
ubdai
Infrastructure Utility Designers????

So you're an IUD expert then.....????
Old Nov 4th 2007, 6:54 pm
Forum Regular

ubdai will become famous soon enoughubdai will become famous soon enough
Cool Re: Looking to move back

For those that don't know. I am the person who designs your supplies for your utilities ie gas (TO COOK WITH), water (SO THAT YOU CAN HAVE ICE IN YOUR G&Ts), electric (SO YOU CAN WATCH TV) and sewers (TO DISPOSE OF YOUR BODILY FUNCTIONS).

If you want to live in the stone age then please do so.

ubdai
Old Nov 4th 2007, 6:56 pm
Soupy twist

Eeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond repute

. And I am getting seriously fed up with the present UK g'ment taxing the arse out of everything
What makes you think it's any different out here these days?

Okay, fair enough, there's a difference. They're called "fees", not "taxes"
Old Nov 4th 2007, 7:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

For those that don't know. I am the person who designs your supplies for your utilities ie gas (TO COOK WITH), water (SO THAT YOU CAN HAVE ICE IN YOUR G&Ts), electric (SO YOU CAN WATCH TV) and sewers (TO DISPOSE OF YOUR BODILY FUNCTIONS).

ubdai
So you will be working for DEWA??
Old Nov 4th 2007, 8:06 pm

beebee is an unknown quantity at this point

ubdai
We have lovely cookers here, great tv's, all our fridges come with ice making thingies... sewers we have (and the gulf is still clear beautiful water) etc.. we do have a problem with electricity though, maybe you can help....
we all have three pin sockets, but all the gadgets come with two.. our i.pods wont plug in properly...
Old Nov 4th 2007, 8:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

what you still doing up BB?
Old Nov 5th 2007, 6:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Robbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really nice

Originally Posted by beebee
We have lovely cookers here, great tv's, all our fridges come with ice making thingies... sewers we have (and the gulf is still clear beautiful water) etc.. we do have a problem with electricity though, maybe you can help....
we all have three pin sockets, but all the gadgets come with two.. our i.pods wont plug in properly...
Ah, but they do! You need to use something (non-metal with the socket switched off) to push in the plastic flappy bit on the top hole on the socket. Then you can put the 2 pin plug the 2 lower holes on the socket.

I've just read this back and its become aparent that although I can wire a plug, I can't talk about them in a clean manner! It does work though, I have a DVD player, mobile phone, external hard disc and external DVD writer plugged in this way.
Old Nov 5th 2007, 8:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Jeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond repute

tia
ubdai
Can you start today?!?!
Old Nov 6th 2007, 9:57 am
Soupy twist

Eeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Robbies
Ah, but they do! You need to use something (non-metal with the socket switched off) to push in the plastic flappy bit on the top hole on the socket
You can buy little plastic adapters designed specifically to allow you to plug 2-pin plugs into 3-pin sockets in Geant, Carrefour, Ikea, Ace and probably lots of other places as well... they usually come in bags of five or ten, for about 5-10 dhs. I'm kind of surprised that beebee didn't know about them.
Old Nov 6th 2007, 4:23 pm

Originally Posted by GarethR
You can buy little plastic adapters designed specifically to allow you to plug 2-pin plugs into 3-pin sockets in Geant, Carrefour, Ikea, Ace and probably lots of other places as well... they usually come in bags of five or ten, for about 5-10 dhs. I'm kind of surprised that beebee didn't know about them.
I do know about them but our place hasn't got many sockets so we have to use adaptors.. and they are three pin to go in the socket, but have only two pin bits on them.. and the two pin appliances just wiggle about in the two holes ... you know what i mean?
Old Nov 6th 2007, 4:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by beebee
I do know about them but our place hasn't got many sockets so we have to use adaptors.. and they are three pin to go in the socket, but have only two pin bits on them.. and the two pin appliances just wiggle about in the two holes ... you know what i mean?
oh why the hell do they do that, sell electrical appliances with a 2 plug when all the sockets are 3...drives me nuts...

MM, xx
Old Nov 6th 2007, 4:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
oh why the hell do they do that, sell electrical appliances with a 2 plug when all the sockets are 3...drives me nuts...

MM, xx
cheaper to import i guess!
you could always just cut the plug off and fit a 3 pin plug.
Old Nov 6th 2007, 5:17 pm

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
cheaper to import i guess!
you could always just cut the plug off and fit a 3 pin plug.
and you buy the 3pin plugs from....?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.