Reload this Page >

Looking for job in middle east construction.But no qualifications

Looking for job in middle east construction.But no qualifications

Old Dec 4th 2008, 8:34 am
Just Joined

zed79 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Looking for job in middle east construction.But no qualifications

hi ,
i have been looking for a job in the middle east for over six months now in the construction industry as a projects manager , i have had no luck mainly due to the fact that i have no formal construction based qualifications. I ran my own construction firm for the last 7 years and had a turnover of £1.1million for the last 2 years and was employing 17 permanent staff. Our biggest client went down this year forcing my company also to go down.

Can anybody please advise on what approach i can take? i would greatly appreciate your advice
Old Dec 4th 2008, 8:57 am
BE Forum Addict

al dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Looking for job in middle east construction.But no qualifications

Dubai is pretty much closing down a lot of it's operations. You'd be better off applying to roles in AD, but even then, i'm not sure there is anyone hiring. They are trying to find jobs for those stranded by the Dubai crash.
Old Dec 4th 2008, 9:42 am
BE Enthusiast

banter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by al dente
Dubai is pretty much closing down a lot of it's operations. You'd be better off applying to roles in AD, but even then, i'm not sure there is anyone hiring. They are trying to find jobs for those stranded by the Dubai crash.
I personally would not recommend that you come here at the present time, I work as a HR Manager for a large consultancy here and we are withdrawing offers made to people as the work has seriously dried up and cash flow is a huge issue.

I know that Abu Dhabi, Saudi, Kuwait and Bahrain are hiring at the moment.

Have a look at www.recruitconsult.com
Old Dec 4th 2008, 10:05 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

You may be lucky in Saudi Arabia but otherwise it's back to the drawing board for you I fear.
Old Dec 4th 2008, 10:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

another load of redundancies made to a british firm today, and this will not be the last of them, this is also an abu dhabi based company as well, its looking bad there as well, i wouldnt consider the uae as a whole at all. you should look to other me countries but not here, there are way too many highly qualified people here out of a job, let alone somebody who hasnt got any qualifications, remember the me like to tick their boxes, and you need to have a degree to work for most of them.
Old Dec 4th 2008, 5:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

soukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond repute

BB2 - which British Firm? A friend of ours has just been offered work with a British contractor in AD so hopefully it's not them!
Old Dec 4th 2008, 7:28 pm
Once a blue Always a blue

Tiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of light

Word of advise, Dubai is going down with the financial crisis. Abu Dhabi stopped any new projects coming up. So UAE is pretty dried up for new jobs. Saudi and the other middle east countries seem to offer better money at the current moment. check out www.monstergulf.com/
Qualification is not an issue in the middle east, I have been working out of my degree since I graduated. Its how you present your self as a package to a company that counts.
Old Dec 5th 2008, 5:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Nic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond repute

For many jobs in Saudi to get a visa you have to have a degree or equivalent qualification attested by your local Saudi embassy.

N
Old Dec 5th 2008, 7:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

soukie consultants not contractors.
Old Dec 5th 2008, 3:01 pm
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Ahhh the old ' you must have formal qualifications I.e a degree or equiv to get employment here. (Nic, I'm obviously not referring to you and saudi)

Absolute gash.

My visa says mechanical engineer. I have no mechanical qualifications whatsoever, let alone a mech engineer. I wouldn't know a ratchet from a rotobroach.

If you have the experience in your field, the company will doctor the paperwork to suit the local visa requirements.

And that is an absolute fact.

To many hearsay merchants on this forum nowadays I'm afraid
Old Dec 5th 2008, 3:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Live for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by busybee2
soukie consultants not contractors.
3 letters?
Old Dec 5th 2008, 3:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond repute

Only know Dh had to get degree attested when we came to Saudi - he works for a large American company - don't know if this makes a difference.

N
Old Dec 5th 2008, 3:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Of course, you can buy them on the internet nowadays.
\
N
Old Dec 5th 2008, 3:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

if it starts with an l they are having probs
Old Dec 5th 2008, 4:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by busybee2
if it starts with an l they are having probs
Is that small L or capital I???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.