Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Looking for help with info on Qatar please

Looking for help with info on Qatar please

Old Nov 7th 2005, 9:58 am

Heart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Looking for help with info on Qatar please

Originally Posted by shoushou
And dont let anyone tell you otherwise.....

No sir, I wont sir! Two weeks ago I thought of you whilst driving my car!
Old Nov 7th 2005, 10:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Heart of gold
No sir, I wont sir! Two weeks ago I thought of you whilst driving my car!
Im lost for words there.....Care to explain???
(And thanks for the thoughts....)
Old Nov 7th 2005, 10:09 am

Heart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond repute

Im lost for words there.....Care to explain???
(And thanks for the thoughts....)

I had just joined SZR, the traffic heavy as it is every morning ,I let in a Red Ford Fiesta and with this he wound down his window and thanked me.... On the back wind sheild was the words in red as bold as you like was " ShouShou" And therefore I thought of you!
Old Nov 7th 2005, 10:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud of

I had just joined SZR, the traffic heavy as it is every morning ,I let in a Red Ford Fiesta and with this he wound down his window and thanked me.... On the back wind sheild was the words in red as bold as you like was " ShouShou" And therefore I thought of you!
IMPOSTER!!!!!!!
You should have hit his car on the spot!!!!!!
(DO we have Ford Fiestas here in Dubai???)
Old Nov 7th 2005, 10:13 am

IMPOSTER!!!!!!!
You should have hit his car on the spot!!!!!!
(DO we have Ford Fiestas here in Dubai???)

I wouldnt know that one, but it was red and was the same shape as a Fiesta.... still, it was the good manners of the driver... Having said that, I am regularly thanked by male drivers on the roads, more so than women!

Why would I hit him, it COULD have you
Old Nov 7th 2005, 10:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I wouldnt know that one, but it was red and was the same shape as a Fiesta.... still, it was the good manners of the driver... Having said that, I am regularly thanked by male drivers on the roads, more so than women!

Why would I hit him, it COULD have you
Cant argue with that....
And even if it was really me,we wouldve settled it without any police intervention...
Old Dec 5th 2005, 7:33 pm
Just Joined

Laurel is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: Looking for help with info on Qatar please

Hi all,

I'm new to the forum and finding it very interesting and helpful, but Welivehere's post on this thread got me thinking.

I've just been offered a great-sounding job in Doha and while I'm sure I'll have no problem getting a visa, I can't find any clear guidance regarding getting a work/residency permit.

Will I need to sort out any documents before leaving the UK? Does Qatar demand police clearance etc?

I'd be extremely grateful for any help/advice anyone can give me.

All the best,

Laurel.
Old Dec 5th 2005, 7:41 pm
semarang

novita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Laurel
Hi all,

I'm new to the forum and finding it very interesting and helpful, but Welivehere's post on this thread got me thinking.

I've just been offered a great-sounding job in Doha and while I'm sure I'll have no problem getting a visa, I can't find any clear guidance regarding getting a work/residency permit.

Will I need to sort out any documents before leaving the UK? Does Qatar demand police clearance etc?

All the best,

Laurel.
so far there are only me and Malteser from Qatar on this board. I am not to sure about your question.

have a look in expatwoman.com forum on the qatar section ... hopefully somebody else living here can help you out.

all the best with your moving
Old Dec 5th 2005, 7:45 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by novita77
so far there are only me and Malteser from Qatar on this board. I am not to sure about your question.

have a look in expatwoman.com forum on the qatar section ... hopefully somebody else living here can help you out.

all the best with your moving
Thanks very much Novita, will do!

Best wishes,

Laurel.
Old Dec 5th 2005, 8:22 pm
Forum Regular

barsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud of

Hi all,

All the best,

Laurel.
normally when you've been offered a job the company will organise your visa for you - this is how it works in dubai - good luck!
Old Dec 5th 2005, 8:24 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by barsha barbie
normally when you've been offered a job the company will organise your visa for you - this is how it works in dubai - good luck!
Thank you, Barsha!
Old Dec 6th 2005, 10:11 am
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,

All the best,

Laurel.
Welcome to the forum Laurel.
I hope you find it useful.
Rgds
JD