Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Looking for a BMW R1200GS in KSA

Looking for a BMW R1200GS in KSA

Old Aug 15th 2010, 5:19 am
Forum Regular

prwatts is just really niceprwatts is just really niceprwatts is just really niceprwatts is just really niceprwatts is just really niceprwatts is just really niceprwatts is just really niceprwatts is just really niceprwatts is just really niceprwatts is just really nice
Default Looking for a BMW R1200GS in KSA

Anyone selling one?
I don't know how else to get my message out.
There is one in Trista that has been standing for quite a while and I want to find the owener.
I can pay in forex cash.

Please PM me.
Old Aug 15th 2010, 5:39 am
Forum Regular

ShawJ is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Looking for a BMW R1200GS in KSA

Nice bike, I had one of those...not sure how long I would last on the roads out here though!
Old Aug 15th 2010, 8:27 am
Forum Regular

prwatts is just really niceprwatts is just really niceprwatts is just really niceprwatts is just really niceprwatts is just really niceprwatts is just really niceprwatts is just really niceprwatts is just really niceprwatts is just really niceprwatts is just really nice

Originally Posted by ShawJ
Nice bike, I had one of those...not sure how long I would last on the roads out here though!
Out on the open roads it should be no problem - the BMW Riders Group meet at Trista and go for rides on Fridays. I have a S10 in UK and looked into shipping it out here but no-one can advise on the law about temp importing a vehicle to KSA. By the way there is a lot of intel on AdvRider.com

I would like to find out if there are any biker groups here - HD and BMW seem to be the only ones.
Old Aug 15th 2010, 8:38 am
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by prwatts
Out on the open roads it should be no problem - the BMW Riders Group meet at Trista and go for rides on Fridays. I have a S10 in UK and looked into shipping it out here but no-one can advise on the law about temp importing a vehicle to KSA. By the way there is a lot of intel on AdvRider.com

I would like to find out if there are any biker groups here - HD and BMW seem to be the only ones.
There are quite a few MC's in UAE, not so sure about KSA though or if that is what you are looking for. HD, Honda and BMW tend to be the main forces in rider groups.

If you get a chance to visit Dubai, there is a Bike Expo 10th to 12th February which involves all makes and bike types. Also a good chance to hang out with bikers from around the region. http://www.dubaibikeweek.com/
Old Aug 15th 2010, 9:00 am
Forum Regular

ShawJ is an unknown quantity at this point

I would be more than happy to buy another GS if I can find a group in Jeddah...

prwatts, where are you located?

Regards,
Jason

Last edited by ShawJ; Aug 15th 2010 at 9:13 am.
Old Aug 16th 2010, 1:20 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ShawJ
I would be more than happy to buy another GS if I can find a group in Jeddah...

prwatts, where are you located?

Regards,
Jason
Hi Jason, I am in Riyadh and there is a group here that rides on Fridays. I have a SuperTenere back in UK and would love to ship it here but no-one can say if the Saudis will let you bring in a vehicle temporarily so buying one here was my alternative - or not biking for the duration (aaaarrrgggghhh)
I will go into www.advrider.com and UKGSer and place a post about Jeddah - I am meeting some guys at the BMW dealership tonight and will ask them too. Peter