Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Long term car hire - Bahrain

Long term car hire - Bahrain

Old Sep 16th 2010, 7:57 am
Just Joined

BeautyMaven is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Long term car hire - Bahrain

Just wondering if anyone can reccommend a cheap long term car rental company?

So far the lowest quote I got is from Avis; Toyota Yaris x 6 months @ 160BD a month.
Is this about normal? Please help
Old Sep 16th 2010, 8:22 pm
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Long term car hire - Bahrain

Originally Posted by BeautyMaven
Just wondering if anyone can reccommend a cheap long term car rental company?

So far the lowest quote I got is from Avis; Toyota Yaris x 6 months @ 160BD a month.
Is this about normal? Please help
Sounds about right. No need to commit to anything longer than a month by the way as they don't usually give any more discount.

I just rented a Toyota Corolla from Budget for BD195 for my wife earlier today. Not the cheapest available, but she wanted a slightly better car than a Yaris/Tiida (I feel kind of weird saying the Corolla is better actually).

Also bear in mind some of the local companies will happily rent you a pile of cr*p which could die at any point whilst the big companies at least provide you with a number to call 24x7 in case of problems.

I checked around quite a few places, and the cheapest I came across was a Toyota Echo for BD150 (with the bumper more or less falling off). I also looked at a Mazda 3 for BD170 and a Toyota XA for BD180.
Old Sep 17th 2010, 6:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute

Definitely concur with Norsk's post above.
Have just trawled all the car hire places again as my Mrs has returned from leave and you need to ask for the age of the car you will get when comparing prices

Best offer I had in the size I was looking for was 150 for a 2005 Mazda 3. Ended up with 175 for a 2010 Tiida.

You can get a 2004 Honda City or 05 Lancer for 140 if you try hard but they are horrible to drive

If you are looking for a longer term monthly hire they will give you a small discount in my experience but only go month by month.
Old Sep 19th 2010, 5:26 pm
Just Joined

BeautyMaven is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the info, very helpful.
Just wanted to make sure the prices were about average.
I think I will end up going with Avis, as the bigger co. seem to be safer.