British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Local Driving Standards (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/local-driving-standards-526853/)

lionheart Apr 4th 2008 4:55 pm

Local Driving Standards

Khaleej News is reporting that 8 Emiratis and 4 Omanis were killed in a two car collision near Al Ain, one Toyota containing 14 passengers, apparently.

nottmbantam Apr 5th 2008 2:07 pm

Re: Local Driving Standards

Originally Posted by lionheart (Post 6159433)
Khaleej News is reporting that 8 Emiratis and 4 Omanis were killed in a two car collision near Al Ain, one Toyota containing 14 passengers, apparently.

14 passengers in one car :blink::blink::blink:

Crazy. The mind boggles.

lionheart Apr 5th 2008 2:43 pm

Originally Posted by nottmbantam (Post 6163249)
14 passengers in one car :blink::blink::blink:

Crazy. The mind boggles.

And no Indians, Pakistanis or Bangladeshis in sight...;)

NedKelly63 Apr 6th 2008 5:36 am

I saw a local/emerati (he had all the clobber on) racing down the beach road with what looked like a 2 year old sat on his lap!

Plus I nearly got run over last Thursday - by a driving school car. The driver was the only occupant so I'm assuming it was the instructor!

Total Wankers! The sooner they wipe themselves out the better :curse:

Mamoo Apr 8th 2008 6:17 pm

Originally Posted by lionheart (Post 6163380)
And no Indians, Pakistanis or Bangladeshis in sight...;)

wtf... wanker.

lionheart Apr 8th 2008 7:07 pm

Originally Posted by Mamoo (Post 6179170)
wtf... wanker.

Are you serious? Nothing against them but they do cram so many into their cars over here. Maybe not where you are from.

Mamoo Apr 8th 2008 7:29 pm

Originally Posted by lionheart (Post 6179393)
Are you serious? Nothing against them but they do cram so many into their cars over here. Maybe not where you are from.

I saw the cheapest of Englishmen here, want me to put down those things??? That would be quite cheaper then craming into one car.

your joke was unwarrent, to tell that how cheap they are? Have you ever been to that part of world to know what riches they have?

Dont forget Indians are in Europe buying spree; if u cant respect dont humilate other people.

Dont want to hijack this thread...
You goota stop generalizing; you are still a wanker mate.

Confucius Apr 8th 2008 7:31 pm

Originally Posted by Mamoo (Post 6179476)
I saw the cheapest of Englishmen here, want me to put down those things??? That would be quite cheaper then craming into one car.

your joke was unwarrent, to tell that how cheap they are? Have you ever been to that part of world to know what riches they have?

Dont forget Indians are in Europe buying spree; if u cant respect dont humilate other people.

I see that you've met Lionheart...

CeeBee Apr 8th 2008 8:35 pm

Grow up.

I don't even live there and I know what its like. its nothing to do with being "cheap", its what happens. But....if you were on the same wages as many of the labourers are on you too would try and squeeze into a minibus or car that was already full.

And how the hell have you somehow gone from relating labourers cramming into cars to Indians "on a spending spree" in europe? We all know Indians are amongst the richest men in the world. I assume you can only really be talking about Tata and the likes of Lakshmi Mittal? Thats got NOTHING to do with what this threads about.

W10 Apr 8th 2008 9:22 pm

Originally Posted by NedKelly63 (Post 6165730)
I saw a local/emerati (he had all the clobber on) racing down the beach road with what looked like a 2 year old sat on his lap!

Plus I nearly got run over last Thursday - by a driving school car. The driver was the only occupant so I'm assuming it was the instructor!

Total Wankers! The sooner they wipe themselves out the better :curse:

1, You can tell emiratis like that? Amazing vision you have to spot the subtle differences in khandooras from a car

2, Who is 'they'?

Norm_uk Apr 9th 2008 11:21 am

Englishmen are not "things"...

I think his joke was "unwarranted"...

Are Indians in Europe "buying spree" or simply "on a buying spree"?...

Respect is something earned and shouldn't come automatically based on where someone is from or what they believe. Responding with personal attacks and name calling doesn't really help your cause.

Should I mention "goota" stop generalising and "humilate" too or is the point taken?

N.

Mamoo Apr 9th 2008 12:09 pm

Originally Posted by Norm_uk (Post 6182155)
Englishmen are not "things"...

I think his joke was "unwarranted"...

Are Indians in Europe "buying spree" or simply "on a buying spree"?...

Respect is something earned and shouldn't come automatically based on where someone is from or what they believe. Responding with personal attacks and name calling doesn't really help your cause.

Should I mention "goota" stop generalising and "humilate" too or is the point taken?

N.

lol... u r so funny..
R u king of Britons :))

I thought it was Queens rule, and King was just a '?'

:D

Mamoo Apr 9th 2008 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by CeeBee (Post 6179735)
Grow up.

I don't even live there and I know what its like. its nothing to do with being "cheap", its what happens. But....if you were on the same wages as many of the labourers are on you too would try and squeeze into a minibus or car that was already full.

And how the hell have you somehow gone from relating labourers cramming into cars to Indians "on a spending spree" in europe? We all know Indians are amongst the richest men in the world. I assume you can only really be talking about Tata and the likes of Lakshmi Mittal? Thats got NOTHING to do with what this threads about.

You agree with me disagree with me.. chide that bloke.. whats ur point.
I just diverge to point out in connection with indians were pointed out .. nothing sinister in that mate...

Spugsy Apr 9th 2008 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by Mamoo (Post 6182394)
lol... u r so funny..
R u king of Britons :))

I thought it was Queens rule, and King was just a '?'

:D

are you 7 years old dude?

admon Apr 9th 2008 1:10 pm

Mamoo, chill man, take it easy, deep breath and count to 10.

Just remember, you can't deport all of us - someone has to do the thinking for you.