Reload this Page >

Living in Sin - Advice in Dubai

Living in Sin - Advice in Dubai

Old Aug 7th 2007, 7:42 pm
Banned

twisty100 will become famous soon enough
Default Living in Sin - Advice in Dubai

Dear all,

I'm moving out in two weeks with my girlfriend in tow. I am aware that we should be married in order for me to sponsor her and for her to, consequently, get the visa. However, I am going to circumvent this problem by her gaining 'employment' in the company I work for, which will grant her the visa.

Question: When we fill the visa application in, I am presuming that we need to fill in the address where we are living? Will the crackpots in the Dubai immigration put two and two together and uncover that we are living in sin

Any input would be appreciated!!

Thanks,

M
Old Aug 7th 2007, 7:44 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Living in Sin - Advice in Dubai

might be worth searching the forums for an answer as the question tends up come up a bit.
Old Aug 7th 2007, 7:46 pm
Banned

thanks, will do.
Old Aug 7th 2007, 7:51 pm

beebee is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by twisty100
Dear all,

I'm moving out in two weeks with my girlfriend in tow. I am aware that we should be married in order for me to sponsor her and for her to, consequently, get the visa. However, I am going to circumvent this problem by her gaining 'employment' in the company I work for, which will grant her the visa.

Question: When we fill the visa application in, I am presuming that we need to fill in the address where we are living? Will the crackpots in the Dubai immigration put two and two together and uncover that we are living in sin

Any input would be appreciated!!

Thanks,

M
I can't remember if I put my address on my visa application.. but thinking about it.. a lot of ppl here live in shared accommodation and they are not all living in sin!
Old Aug 7th 2007, 7:56 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by beebee
I can't remember if I put my address on my visa application.. but thinking about it.. a lot of ppl here live in shared accommodation and they are not all living in sin!

I am aware of that, so that's why we have pushed ahead. However now the time has come closer, I, not she, is starting to get a little nervous...
Old Aug 7th 2007, 7:59 pm

I am aware of that, so that's why we have pushed ahead. However now the time has come closer, I, not she, is starting to get a little nervous...
I wouldn't worry about it if I were you.. There are a lot of ppl here living together... I rent a lot of apts out to unmarried couples... and if she is that scared .. give her a different address! She can use mine if she likes! Sorted!
Old Aug 7th 2007, 8:02 pm
Banned

Thanks Beebee, i'm sure it will be fine.

BTW: are you an independent property agent?

M
Old Aug 7th 2007, 8:05 pm

Thanks Beebee, i'm sure it will be fine.

BTW: are you an independent property agent?

M
Independent? you mean freelance? no.
I work for a company.. I know a few freelancers and they are ok.. but be careful of some of them.
Old Aug 8th 2007, 5:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Damn it!!!
I thought this one was also a kinky thread...
Live and learn...Don't judge a book by the cover...A dollar saved,a dollar earned...
Old Aug 8th 2007, 6:46 pm
Diarist

secretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Confucius
Damn it!!!
I thought this one was also a kinky thread...
Live and learn...Don't judge a book by the cover...A dollar saved,a dollar earned...
You don't have to put your actual address. Have one of you put the address of a work colleague, it can always be claimed that you are staying there until you find a place (since you are new to the UAE).

But I am not sure that they even require an address, only a company address, and I have never heard anyone getting checked up on.

What you MUST do is keep all your rent, bills, phone, utilities in one name. And be really discreet and don't piss your neighbours off. If they look like conservative types, let them fall under the illusion that you two are married (or at best they will be upset, at worst they will tell your landlord).

Chances are you'll end up surrounded by other living-in-sin expats who won't care less, but never ever forget that cohabition is a CRIME in the UAE so don't give them any paper evidence to show that you are doing so.

They will turn a blind eye, but they can't do so if the situation is staring them in the face.
Old Aug 8th 2007, 7:18 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by secretdubai
You don't have to put your actual address. Have one of you put the address of a work colleague, it can always be claimed that you are staying there until you find a place (since you are new to the UAE).

But I am not sure that they even require an address, only a company address, and I have never heard anyone getting checked up on.

What you MUST do is keep all your rent, bills, phone, utilities in one name. And be really discreet and don't piss your neighbours off. If they look like conservative types, let them fall under the illusion that you two are married (or at best they will be upset, at worst they will tell your landlord).

Chances are you'll end up surrounded by other living-in-sin expats who won't care less, but never ever forget that cohabition is a CRIME in the UAE so don't give them any paper evidence to show that you are doing so.

They will turn a blind eye, but they can't do so if the situation is staring them in the face.

Thanks so much for your help!!

We are not going to be paying for bills etc so we do not have to worry about that. I was mainly concerned about filling the visa form in and if they would put two and two together (working for the same company living at the same address). I think I will be mostly surrounded by Non UAE's (Gardens) and my landlord doesn't care, so fingers crossed we should fly under there radar..

Thanks again for the advice!

Matt
Old Aug 9th 2007, 5:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by secretdubai

Allow me to add you to my buddy list...Now what are you wearing???
Old Aug 11th 2007, 8:32 am
Forum Regular

Raaj is just really niceRaaj is just really niceRaaj is just really niceRaaj is just really niceRaaj is just really niceRaaj is just really niceRaaj is just really niceRaaj is just really niceRaaj is just really niceRaaj is just really niceRaaj is just really nice

Originally Posted by Confucius
Allow me to add you to my buddy list...Now what are you wearing???
Noooo thast not the case nobody can do anything, but you have to come through some limits in front of others off course you will be noticed if you will showing others wat you are,

and most important is that you are helping for her life and future and I dont think so that its a sin or anything else okzz...

you are sponsoring her you have full rights on her ok....If they will issue the visa then nobody can challenge you okzz. dont worry about it. God Be with you... Amen.
Old Aug 11th 2007, 8:43 am

Originally Posted by Raaj
Noooo thast not the case nobody can do anything, but you have to come through some limits in front of others off course you will be noticed if you will showing others wat you are,

and most important is that you are helping for her life and future and I dont think so that its a sin or anything else okzz...

you are sponsoring her you have full rights on her ok....If they will issue the visa then nobody can challenge you okzz. dont worry about it. God Be with you... Amen.
Full rights on her...
Old Aug 11th 2007, 8:51 am
Forum Regular

Raaj is just really niceRaaj is just really niceRaaj is just really niceRaaj is just really niceRaaj is just really niceRaaj is just really niceRaaj is just really niceRaaj is just really niceRaaj is just really niceRaaj is just really niceRaaj is just really nice

Originally Posted by beebee
Full rights on her...
hey beebee dont missunderstand ok heheheh. I meant to say that he is her sponsor right, and Dubai immirgration is having all detials before issuing the visa on his sponsorship right Once he will get the visa nobody will challenge him again.

you are too clever bee bee hehehehehe

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.