Living in Riyadh

Old Aug 26th 2009, 11:48 am
Just Joined

horizonyaman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Living in Riyadh

I am going to start to live in Riyadh sooner. My girlfriend wants to visit and live with me on summer times. Is it possible to live there without marriage. Will they accept sth. like islamic marriage. Since I am muslim, she is christian would it be problem? What kind of advices will u give me? By the way, can she travel alone to Saudi Arabia? Looking forward to hearing from you...
Old Aug 26th 2009, 12:03 pm
Forum Regular

Danajj is just really niceDanajj is just really niceDanajj is just really niceDanajj is just really niceDanajj is just really niceDanajj is just really niceDanajj is just really niceDanajj is just really niceDanajj is just really niceDanajj is just really niceDanajj is just really nice
Default Re: Living in Riyadh

Simple answer my friend - your girlfriend will not be allowed to live with you or even enter the country - those are the rules. Choices you have are get married or meet up in one of the more lenient Middle East countries every so often.
Old Aug 26th 2009, 12:13 pm
Just Joined

Hi Danajj,

Thanks for your quick reply. Since I am muslim, islamic marriage is not sth legally documented in turkey. Do they check legal marriage documents? If yes, there is no otherway except marriage.
Old Aug 26th 2009, 4:37 pm
Forum Regular

rdan0209 is just really nicerdan0209 is just really nicerdan0209 is just really nicerdan0209 is just really nicerdan0209 is just really nicerdan0209 is just really nicerdan0209 is just really nicerdan0209 is just really nice

Originally Posted by horizonyaman
Hi Danajj,

Thanks for your quick reply. Since I am muslim, islamic marriage is not sth legally documented in turkey. Do they check legal marriage documents? If yes, there is no otherway except marriage.
Hi
If you apply for an iqamah for her, she will have to present a marriage certificate at the Saudi embassy in your home country.
If you apply for a visit visa, you will prob be asked to present proof of your marriage here.
Old Aug 26th 2009, 11:22 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for your replies,

I will get know how to solve this issue. See you in riyad. By the way is there any email group or forum just for riyadh? I want to join social life in riyadh.

Thanks,
Old Aug 27th 2009, 8:29 am
Just Joined

me61ok is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by horizonyaman
Thanks for your replies,

I will get know how to solve this issue. See you in riyad. By the way is there any email group or forum just for riyadh? I want to join social life in riyadh.

Thanks,
Hi .
I am arriving in Riyadh for work end of September. I would like to know what internet services are available so i can possibly set up an account in advance.
Old Aug 28th 2009, 12:12 pm
Just Joined

amy1417 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by me61ok
Hi .
I am arriving in Riyadh for work end of September. I would like to know what internet services are available so i can possibly set up an account in advance.
Internet is available in Saudi via STC or Mobiley also the new provider GO. You just need to go to one of their shops in Malls and set up the contract. They will connect you immediatley. I pay 300 Riyals per month. There are other ways that I know a little of such as mobile broadbands and so on. You need to check this when you're in Saudi.

amy1417
Old Aug 28th 2009, 12:20 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by amy1417
Internet is available in Saudi via STC or Mobiley also the new provider GO. You just need to go to one of their shops in Malls and set up the contract. They will connect you immediatley. I pay 300 Riyals per month. There are other ways that I know a little of such as mobile broadbands and so on. You need to check this when you're in Saudi.

amy1417
Hi How much are 1 bedroom apartments going for per month in compounds?
thanks
Old Aug 28th 2009, 12:41 pm
Forum Regular

Danajj is just really niceDanajj is just really niceDanajj is just really niceDanajj is just really niceDanajj is just really niceDanajj is just really niceDanajj is just really niceDanajj is just really niceDanajj is just really niceDanajj is just really niceDanajj is just really nice

You really need to start searching the website my friend - these questions and answers are posted almost every day. A 1 bedroom is going to cost anywhere between 45000SAR to 130000SAR a year depending on what compound you get into. The major problem is not cost - it's availability - a lot of compounds have a waiting list of well over 12 months.
Old Aug 28th 2009, 12:46 pm
Just Joined

amy1417 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by me61ok
Hi How much are 1 bedroom apartments going for per month in compounds?
thanks
The rent for 1 bedroom apartment is around this figure of SAR 65.000 per annum, around SAR 3.000 per month. Of course it all depends on the compound and the facilities you access.

amy1417
Old Aug 28th 2009, 1:11 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by amy1417
The rent for 1 bedroom apartment is around this figure of SAR 65.000 per annum, around SAR 3.000 per month. Of course it all depends on the compound and the facilities you access.

amy1417
Thanks for that.
I hear its availability thats really the big issue.
Has anyone heard of availability for 1 bedder on the grapevine?
Old Aug 28th 2009, 1:38 pm
Forum Regular

You've heard that availability is a problem - just read the reply posts to your questions .

Listen - here's the score over here - you phone up or email all compounds - they'll say no space for a year +, so you'll put your name down on a list. Now unknown to most people - this list is thrown in the bin every few months - so you need to make sure you're phoning up every month. If you go and see the compound managers face to face - and they like the look of you, they might get you a place within a few weeks to a few months - that's the way it is.

At this moment - nothing on the grapevine for a 1 bed - and when it comes up - it's mine.
Old Aug 28th 2009, 2:53 pm
Just Joined

Wowow,

crazy expensive pricesss. Let's construct sth in riyadh :-)
Old Aug 29th 2009, 3:07 am
Just Joined

saudi36 is an unknown quantity at this point

Just wanna say ur welcome in Riyadh.
Old Jun 3rd 2010, 2:26 pm
Just Joined

spaccafighe is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone,

I'm going 26 and I have the opportunity to work in Riyadh for a year. Not taking in consideration how much I’ll be making. My only concern it the life that I'm going to live outside of work. I work in the IT sector and I don't have details on where I'll live yet. But from all that I've read I've got to find a good compound (heard that the American ones are the best) where there is life. So I have a few questions to pose:

1) Best 3 compounds?

2) Is it safe to go around by yourself as a tourist?

3) How much are cigarettes, full course meal in the restaurant?

4) Are there mostly families in these compounds?

5) Having my age, would you move by yourself?

Thanks,
Luca.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.