Reload this Page >

Living on The Palm

Living on The Palm

Old Jun 2nd 2009, 2:56 pm
Just Joined

KiwiJoJo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Living on The Palm

Hello Everyone,

I have sent a couple of questions in the past regarding our move to Dubai. Well, we are finally here house hunting (and dying from the heat...)! When we were out in November we looked at The Palm to live and thought it looked deserted so this area wasn't on our list to see. However, since coming back this trip we've had another look and fallen in love with it. We have 2 small children, and was wondering what life is like on The Palm. Is it easy to meet people and is it a friendly neighbourhood?? Is there any mother/toddler groups in the area?

Does anyone that live on The Palm have small children that go to nursery. Just wondered what the commute would be like as I think Jumeirah would be the closest.

Any feedback about life on The Palm would be most appreciated!

Ta x
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 4:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

klaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Living on The Palm

Originally Posted by KiwiJoJo
Hello Everyone,

I have sent a couple of questions in the past regarding our move to Dubai. Well, we are finally here house hunting (and dying from the heat...)! When we were out in November we looked at The Palm to live and thought it looked deserted so this area wasn't on our list to see. However, since coming back this trip we've had another look and fallen in love with it. We have 2 small children, and was wondering what life is like on The Palm. Is it easy to meet people and is it a friendly neighbourhood?? Is there any mother/toddler groups in the area?

Does anyone that live on The Palm have small children that go to nursery. Just wondered what the commute would be like as I think Jumeirah would be the closest.

Any feedback about life on The Palm would be most appreciated!

Ta x
I just moved there so I cannot say much. The building quality is very good for Dubai standards. We have a baby girl so I guess we will enjoy more in a few months when she starts walking and all that. If you live in the apartments it is quite easy to make friends. The biggest drawback is that there are only a few stores and no supermarket so you need to get into the car for almost everything (access in and out of the Palm so far is quite good).

For more information, google "crest of dubai" a site for Palm residents.
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 6:28 pm
Just Joined

KiwiJoJo is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for that website!

I will go and check it out. That's good news about the traffic too - and after driving back and forth the last couple of days we have been pleasantly surprised. We will be in a villa not a apartment - hoping to still meet people easily though??
Old Jun 3rd 2009, 4:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Robbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really nice

Living in villa - can't comment on what life is like up there as we are in an apartment, but as suggested, get on crest of dubai as its a pretty good site for getting to know people.

As for having to get in the car to go to get almost everything... isn't this the case in most areas - I doubt that a whole lot of people live next door to a mall? Its a nice easy nip over to the new Marina Mall for supermarket and most other things.

We've been on the Palm now for coming up to 2 years and absolutely love it there - no regrets at all.
Old Jun 4th 2009, 5:48 am
BE Forum Addict

pauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to all

Palm living is great, ive been living here since March 08 but bought the villa in 2005, it really is turning into a nice community, i know a few of my neighbours but in general you meet a lot more just walking on the beach, personally speaking i wouldnt live anywhere else...